Online Forum Discussion for Ms. Maan's Class
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Researching and Plagiarism... LS403

+31
amorado.aimielblessa
lat.angela
maralit.leandro
coloma.kimberly
Buac.Rizabeth
armamento.lulu
silva.pauline
perez.anna
bunyi.eimeren
chua.darwin
bautista.angeli
tyrone.magpantay
pagayunan.faye
labindalawa.dana
bollozos.jane
Aquino. Jestin
mendoza.marlaandrea
bianca.arada
princess.panganiban
vitto.krisha
olap.neriezza
delgado.stephany
Bravo.Cyril
macapagal.frances
barro.anne
mercado.margaret
landicho.czar
manguiat.julie
miguel.karl
gutierrez.gio
Admin
35 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Online Researching and Plagiarism...  LS403 Empty Online Researching and Plagiarism... LS403

Post  Admin Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:18 am

Post your insights, realization, ideas, etc. about the files Plagiarism.ppt and Wading through the net

Admin
Admin

http://glendaobre.bestoforum.net

Back to top Go down

Online Researching and Plagiarism...  LS403 Empty Plagiarism: A Crime

Post  gutierrez.gio Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:53 am

As we all know, plagiarism is "the use of someone's work without giving them credit and saying that it is your own" (Avoiding Palgiarism: Modified APA Style of referencing, slide 1). I believe that Plagiarism an act of stealing because using someone's work without permission is stealing.

gutierrez.gio

Back to top Go down

Online Researching and Plagiarism...  LS403 Empty Plagiarism

Post  miguel.karl Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:54 am

Most of the students are guilty of plagiarism without knowing that they have done it. Plagiarism is using someone's work without giving credit to the original author and making one's work as their own work. Plagiarism occurs especially when the students are having their assignments and research. Students just copy and paste what they have seen in the Internet and pass it to their teachers without giving or providing the source of their assignment or research. Plagiarism is considered theft or stealing according to the law.

miguel.karl

Back to top Go down

Online Researching and Plagiarism...  LS403 Empty Commandment number 7 : do not steal

Post  manguiat.julie Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:57 am

"Plagiarism means using another’s work without giving them credit and saying that it is your own."
It is like you steal the property of others. You can get information from others ,but you should give him/her a credit in your work. You can avoid Plagiarism in different ways like acknowledging the person, citing internet sources in your bibliography, and many more. Smile)

manguiat.julie

Back to top Go down

Online Researching and Plagiarism...  LS403 Empty plagiarism. oh my!

Post  landicho.czar Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:57 am

My gosh! I realize that sometimes, I do this very wrong thing. It is stealing of others work. It is against the natural law. We should ask for permission or we should give them credits as we use their works.

landicho.czar

Back to top Go down

Online Researching and Plagiarism...  LS403 Empty Plagiarism Tip for students :)

Post  mercado.margaret Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:58 am

Plagiarism is a crime. As what was stated from the powerpoint presentation, it can be defined as using other's work without giving them a credit and saying that its your own.

After reading and comprehending with this topic, I have realized that is very important to give CREDIT to someone especially when you know that it isn't your work. For example, for students like us who are always given tons of research assignments...most of the time, we just do the "copy and paste" strategy and print it then submit. But now, giving credits to the site / author (if you got it from a book) matters. After all, there is no shame letting your teacher know that you did your homework.

Wink

Do not be afraid to inlcude in your "copy and paste" strategy the website where you got your topic. It's but normal to tell everyone that you did just shared with others' idea for a topic that's new to you. Smile

mercado.margaret

Back to top Go down

Online Researching and Plagiarism...  LS403 Empty Plagiarism insight.

Post  barro.anne Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:58 am

For me, plagiarism is a form of cheating because it's stealing another person's idea. It can be accidental; you really intended to do your own work, but instead ended up with some sentences that sound just like something you've read. You might not be doing it intentionally, but if you don't identify the original source, you're risking a lot of trouble.So even if you put the information into your own words, you still should list the source. Very Happy Very Happy Smile

barro.anne

Back to top Go down

Online Researching and Plagiarism...  LS403 Empty Re: Online Researching and Plagiarism... LS403

Post  miguel.karl Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:00 pm

landicho.czar wrote:My gosh! I realize that sometimes, I do this very wrong thing. It is stealing of others work. It is against the natural law. We should ask for permission or we should give them credits as we use their works.
I agree with you czar! I am also guilty of committing plagiarism like you. Maybe we should listen to the discussion of this topic so that we should not commit the same mistake again. Smile

miguel.karl

Back to top Go down

Online Researching and Plagiarism...  LS403 Empty Re: Online Researching and Plagiarism... LS403

Post  macapagal.frances Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:00 pm

Students like me are very guilty of commiting plagiarism especially when it comes to research. It is very common for students to just type the topic in the search engine, click go, select a hyperlink, read a little, copy and paste it to Word then print. They don't even know that they've commited a serious crime and could have serious consequences. They submit it without even recognizing the author or owner of what they've gotten off the net. They "steal" things without even knowing it.
macapagal.frances
macapagal.frances

https://www.facebook.com/francesiumed

Back to top Go down

Post  Bravo.Cyril Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:00 pm

gutierrez.gio wrote: As we all know, plagiarism is "the use of someone's work without giving them credit and saying that it is your own" (Avoiding Palgiarism: Modified APA Style of referencing, slide 1). I believe that Plagiarism an act of stealing because using someone's work without permission is stealing.

I agree with you Gio. Using / Copying someone's work without asking permission or mentioning the one to be credited is plagiarism which we don't know is a crime. In order not to be punished by plagiarism, we must give credit to the source that we get by including/mentioning their name/work. Plagiarsm is a crime so we must SAY NO:!: to it. Very Happy
Bravo.Cyril
Bravo.Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post  delgado.stephany Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:01 pm

miguel.karl wrote:Most of the students are guilty of plagiarism without knowing that they have done it. Plagiarism is using someone's work without giving credit to the original author and making one's work as their own work. Plagiarism occurs especially when the students are having their assignments and research. Students just copy and paste what they have seen in the Internet and pass it to their teachers without giving or providing the source of their assignment or research. Plagiarism is considered theft or stealing according to the law.

I agree with you, Karl. Plagiarizing is stealing. You copy the info from others and then you claim that it's yours. It's stealing the idea of others. Though, it's easier that you just copy paste info, it's not good. one should learn how to cite the sources, to avoid plagiarism. Smile

delgado.stephany

Back to top Go down

Post  olap.neriezza Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:01 pm

Plagiarism means using another’s work without giving them credit and saying that it is your own. It is an act of stealing other's work without asking for permission to the owner. To avoid plagiarism, give the owner credit. Take very good notes--write down the source as you are taking notes. And always keep in mind that everything in the internet is not good especially when it will be the cause of your sin. Smile)))))

olap.neriezza

Back to top Go down

Online Researching and Plagiarism...  LS403 Empty CRIME

Post  vitto.krisha Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:01 pm

Would you steal a bag? Would you rob a bank? Would you steal just for an assignment? Well, to tell everyone honestly, I am guilty of plagiarism. I do it whenever there is a research work needed in school. The top site where I steal ideas is Wikipedia. Well, it's the site that pops out into my mind whenever assignment is needed. Very Happy I'll admit it; I hate it when references are asked. I always forget to put my references so I need to search the sites again so it's very tiresome. But still, it's a crime. Well, I guess, it's another lessoned learned for all of us. Very Happy

vitto.krisha

Back to top Go down

Post  princess.panganiban Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:53 pm

As what is stated in ppt presentation, plagiarism is an act of stealing; therefore, it is a crime. To be honest, I am guilty of this crime. I think, most of the students, especially high school students are committing the same mistake. We tend to COPY & PASTE every definitions, essay, and works of others we see on the internet. But I've learned that from this act, we don't benefit anything. We don't learn - if we just use the works of others.

I've realized the importance of crediting. Very Happy It's not only for TLE, but also for the original owners of the works we want to use. Laughing I think, this is the next most committed mistake. Not giving credits to the owners, agree? Smile) I am gulity, AGAIN. Razz

Since this topic about plagiarism is in time with our thesis, I hope everyone learned something from it. I love you

princess.panganiban

Back to top Go down

Post  princess.panganiban Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:03 pm

miguel.karl wrote:
landicho.czar wrote:My gosh! I realize that sometimes, I do this very wrong thing. It is stealing of others work. It is against the natural law. We should ask for permission or we should give them credits as we use their works.
I agree with you czar! I am also guilty of committing plagiarism like you. Maybe we should listen to the discussion of this topic so that we should not commit the same mistake again. Smile

I'm guilty, too. Haha. Smile You're right, Karl. By listening to this topic, I know, cases of plagiarism will AT LEAST be lessen. : Very Happy Very Happy

princess.panganiban

Back to top Go down

Post  princess.panganiban Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:10 pm

O my gosh! Smile) Don't worry Czar, not only you committed the same CRIME. We are all, I think guilty of plagiarism. So now is the time to say no to plagiarism for it is against the natural law. :>

princess.panganiban

Back to top Go down

Post  barro.anne Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:16 pm

macapagal.frances wrote:Students like me are very guilty of commiting plagiarism especially when it comes to research. It is very common for students to just type the topic in the search engine, click go, select a hyperlink, read a little, copy and paste it to Word then print. They don't even know that they've commited a serious crime and could have serious consequences. They submit it without even recognizing the author or owner of what they've gotten off the net. They "steal" things without even knowing it.

I agree with you, Frances. Especially to the COPY and PASTE, then PRINT method. I also feel guilty everytime I submit a research paper taken from the net or some source like the book,etc. . It feels like I really don't exert much effort in doing it. This topic is very timely since we are about to begin our research paper in English. Rolling Eyes As longs as you acknowledge the insights or the intellectual property of the one who cited it, I think it's alright. Very Happy Very Happy

barro.anne

Back to top Go down

Post  barro.anne Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:34 pm

vitto.krisha wrote:Would you steal a bag? Would you rob a bank? Would you steal just for an assignment? Well, to tell everyone honestly, I am guilty of plagiarism. I do it whenever there is a research work needed in school. The top site where I steal ideas is Wikipedia. Well, it's the site that pops out into my mind whenever assignment is needed. Very Happy I'll admit it; I hate it when references are asked. I always forget to put my references so I need to search the sites again so it's very tiresome. But still, it's a crime. Well, I guess, it's another lessoned learned for all of us. Very Happy

Same here, Krisha!!! I also have the same experience same as yours and I'm also guilty of doing it. Especially when it comes to our "research" homeworks. It makes me guilty everytime I remember it. Rolling Eyes I think we all learned a lesson from this topic. Very Happy Wink

barro.anne

Back to top Go down

Online Researching and Plagiarism...  LS403 Empty Knowing Plagiarism

Post  bianca.arada Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:46 pm

After I have read the PowerPoint about plagiarism, I realized that it is a necessity for us to know this kind of violation so that we can avoid it. Even using your own work without properly citing it is plagiarism. I am guilty of this crime like other students especially when it comes to researching. I just copy and paste it then print without citing any website.

But now I knew the necessary things to avoid this kind of crime, so I can now use these ways like using citations in my research. And I could also use this knowledge of avoiding plagiarism in our thesis in English. Smile
bianca.arada
bianca.arada

Back to top Go down

Post  bianca.arada Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:53 pm

barro.anne wrote:
vitto.krisha wrote:Would you steal a bag? Would you rob a bank? Would you steal just for an assignment? Well, to tell everyone honestly, I am guilty of plagiarism. I do it whenever there is a research work needed in school. The top site where I steal ideas is Wikipedia. Well, it's the site that pops out into my mind whenever assignment is needed. Very Happy I'll admit it; I hate it when references are asked. I always forget to put my references so I need to search the sites again so it's very tiresome. But still, it's a crime. Well, I guess, it's another lessoned learned for all of us. Very Happy

Same here, Krisha!!! I also have the same experience same as yours and I'm also guilty of doing it. Especially when it comes to our "research" homeworks. It makes me guilty everytime I remember it. Rolling Eyes I think we all learned a lesson from this topic. Very Happy Wink

I agree with you a we all learned a lesson from this very important topic. At least now, we can avoid plagiarism especially in our research assignments. Smile
bianca.arada
bianca.arada

Back to top Go down

Online Researching and Plagiarism...  LS403 Empty Issue about Plagiarism.

Post  barro.anne Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:15 pm

I think that cases of plagiarism nowadays are very rampant because of the accessibility of technology. Students tend to plagiarize by copying and pasting information. In just one click, almost all information they need will be downloaded. The emerge of new technology can also be considered as a disadvantage on the issue of plagiarism. The intellectual property of the authors are often abused. It also creates laziness among students who depend on the net. The teachers are expected to be observant and be vigilant with respect to the submitted write-ups from their students. Their role is to inculcate with the students the values of honesty,creativity and integrity. Very Happy

Let the students be aware that plagiarism is a serious one and committing it will have respective sanctions. At early age, we should be educated/trained so that in the future we will become respected professionals of our society. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

barro.anne

Back to top Go down

Online Researching and Plagiarism...  LS403 Empty Plagiarism

Post  mendoza.marlaandrea Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:56 pm

Plagiarism.. there are many things wrong with it.

The first thing that came to my mind is that the person who committed such crime has no value for hard work. Being against plagiarism is just another way of respecting and appreciating the person who made the original piece. Us humans don't produce anything out of thin air. Anything we make from scratch takes hard work! The next time you take another's work, be sure to cite your source and credit properly. THANK YOU!

Andrea Very Happy

Last edited by mendoza.marlaandrea on Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong grammar)

mendoza.marlaandrea

Back to top Go down

Online Researching and Plagiarism...  LS403 Empty ctrlA + ctrlC + ctrl V + ctrl S = PLAGIARISM

Post  Aquino. Jestin Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:00 pm

Doing a simple copy/ cut paste work is a crime that every student is guilty of. According to the 7th commandment of our Lord, " Thou shall not steal.", therefore we must not do it. Plagiarism is stealing because with dont give credit to the person who made it. It is like borrowing something and telling other people that that thing is yours. We must let everyone who is the proper person to be credited when we do such thing. Also, plagiarism is wrong. There is no such thing that can be better than an original work, so why duplicate it? We can always make an original work, we have our own minds, we have our own thoughts.

Aquino. Jestin

Back to top Go down

Online Researching and Plagiarism...  LS403 Empty Plagiarism: Unconsciously committing it

Post  bollozos.jane Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:03 pm

Most of the teenagers today use plagiarism without even knowing that they are doing it. This is because it has been imparted in our minds that we can just copy paste form the net to complete our assignments. In my case, I unconsciously commit plagiarism because I become to lazy to read about the information in the web; therefore, I just copy paste things I need for my assignment and just put it in my own words. However, now that I have read the power point about plagiarism, I have learned that even though I change the words, my works can still be accused for plagiarism because the ideas and essence of the original author's information is still there and only the words changes. Therefore, to avoid being accused of plagiarism, I should cite the author of the idea that I used even if I used my own words. Very Happy

bollozos.jane

Back to top Go down

Post  bollozos.jane Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:15 pm

barro.anne wrote:I think that cases of plagiarism nowadays are very rampant because of the accessibility of technology. Students tend to plagiarize by copying and pasting information. In just one click, almost all information they need will be downloaded. The emerge of new technology can also be considered as a disadvantage on the issue of plagiarism. The intellectual property of the authors are often abused. It also creates laziness among students who depend on the net. The teachers are expected to be observant and be vigilant with respect to the submitted write-ups from their students. Their role is to inculcate with the students the values of honesty,creativity and integrity. Very Happy

Let the students be aware that plagiarism is a serious one and committing it will have respective sanctions. At early age, we should be educated/trained so that in the future we will become respected professionals of our society. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I agree. We should be taught from an early age to avoid plagiarism as it may lead us to be arrested. I also agree that the teachers should be vigilant and observant with what the students submit because the first ones to see signs of students plagiarizing a document are the teachers.

bollozos.jane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next