Online Researching and Plagiarism... LS403

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Re: Online Researching and Plagiarism... LS403

Post  vitto.krisha on Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:55 pm

silva.pauline wrote:I am a student. I know where my fellow classmates, batchmates, and even I use when we are tasked to research about something. Arrow Question Exclamation WIKIPEDIAAAA. Smile) Yes, the information we get is for free. Basketball This site is even multilingual. These are only some of the advantages of using the INTERNET or WEB when searching. Some benefits that may lead to STEALING Evil or Very Mad To discourage plagiarism, I would just supply you with some of the disadvantages of using the Net or Web when researching. All information posted in the internet is not RELIABLE. Everyone can just post something there. Another is that, there would be MORE CHANCES of getting or printing IDENTICAL set of information, same with your classmate. In that case, there is no more ORIGINALITY. pirat
You're definitely right Pau. Wikipedia is the most abused site especially by the students like us. As teachers give us our research assignments, the first thing that come into my mind is WIKIPEDIA. It has very information students need. Very Happy So next time, we should never get our assignments in wikipedia without any credit given to wikipedia. Very Happy

vitto.krisha

Posts : 28
Join date : 2010-06-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Online Researching and Plagiarism... LS403

Post  lat.angela on Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:55 pm

..


Last edited by lat.angela on Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total

lat.angela

Posts : 18
Join date : 2010-06-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Online Researching and Plagiarism... LS403

Post  vitto.krisha on Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:56 pm

lat.angela wrote:
delgado.stephany wrote:
vitto.krisha wrote:Would you steal a bag? Would you rob a bank? Would you steal just for an assignment? Well, to tell everyone honestly, I am guilty of plagiarism. I do it whenever there is a research work needed in school. The top site where I steal ideas is Wikipedia. Well, it's the site that pops out into my mind whenever assignment is needed. Very Happy I'll admit it; I hate it when references are asked. I always forget to put my references so I need to search the sites again so it's very tiresome. But still, it's a crime. Well, I guess, it's another lessoned learned for all of us. Very Happy

I also share the same feeling with you, Krisha. I just copy and paste some researches because it's much easier to do than rephrasing it and giving credit to others. Internet could offer most of our daily research needs, so I guess giving credits for others work is a way of saying, "Thank you for sharing your ideas." I guess it wouldn't hurt to say Thank you to those who helped in making your homework. Razz

I agree with the both of you.Smile I myself is also guilty of plagiarism especially in doing our research homeworks. Sometimes, or should I say, most of the time, I only do a copy-paste because of my own laziness.Neutral But as I learned and realized that plagiarism is also a form of stealing/ cheating, I realized that I should stop doing such thing, but instead modfiy or even formulate my own ideas. Smile

Hello everyone! I am also guilty, so we are all guilty. So we must confess as soon as possible. Neutral Smile) joooke. Plagiarism is really a bad thing to do. If I were the one plagiarized, I would also feel violated. So we must all stop from plagiarizing since we now know that it is a form of stealing. Very Happy

vitto.krisha

Posts : 28
Join date : 2010-06-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Online Researching and Plagiarism... LS403

Post  bunyi.eimeren on Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:58 pm

silva.pauline wrote:After reading Angeli Mae’s post, I realized that the use of libraries and book references are now being neglected. We, students, now simply rely on the use of Internet. As we all know, Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia in the Web is the most used site where students just copy and paste the information that is being posted there. It is just alarming to know that, not every information that is posted there is correct. In short, it is still better to use the “old way” of researching.. with the use of books, :> a more reliable SOURCE cyclops What a Face Exclamation Embarassed pig

P.S But even if you still use a book as a reference, you still need to include the author for recognition Smile Razz Laughing

I agree with you Pau. We must not let the use of books to be forgotten as a reference material. It is also a nice source and its for everybody, unlike the internet which is only for those who have connections. We must not also forget to recognize the author of the book of course to avoid plagiarism. cheers

bunyi.eimeren

Posts : 25
Join date : 2010-06-22
Location : Tanauan City, Batangas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Online Researching and Plagiarism... LS403

Post  Buac.Rizabeth on Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:58 pm

vitto.krisha wrote:
silva.pauline wrote:I am a student. I know where my fellow classmates, batchmates, and even I use when we are tasked to research about something. Arrow Question Exclamation WIKIPEDIAAAA. Smile) Yes, the information we get is for free. Basketball This site is even multilingual. These are only some of the advantages of using the INTERNET or WEB when searching. Some benefits that may lead to STEALING Evil or Very Mad To discourage plagiarism, I would just supply you with some of the disadvantages of using the Net or Web when researching. All information posted in the internet is not RELIABLE. Everyone can just post something there. Another is that, there would be MORE CHANCES of getting or printing IDENTICAL set of information, same with your classmate. In that case, there is no more ORIGINALITY. pirat
You're definitely right Pau. Wikipedia is the most abused site especially by the students like us. As teachers give us our research assignments, the first thing that come into my mind is WIKIPEDIA. It has very information students need. Very Happy So next time, we should never get our assignments in wikipedia without any credit given to wikipedia. Very Happy

I agree with both of you, Pau Of all the sites in the internet, WIKIPEDIA is the most known by students to research on. because in this site, there are many informations that are best suited for the answer Also, it is so true that not all the informations in the internet are correct sometimes educational books are more accurate to rely on. Moreover, students often have the same answer in their ass. because it is most get from the internet but try to get it on books. I think your answer would be different from the others Smile

Buac.Rizabeth

Posts : 22
Join date : 2010-06-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Online Researching and Plagiarism... LS403

Post  caraan.justine on Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:59 pm

I think it is indeed very important to cite our sources, whether we got the info from books or from the Internet to avoid plagiarism.

Plagiarism, as we all know, is an act of copying another person's work and declairing it as an original work of his. And according to Wikpedia, "...plagiarism is now considered academic dishonesty and a breach of journalistic ethics, subject to sanctions like expulsion and other severe career damage." This indicates the immorality of the action itself. Different ways to stop plagiarists from continuing their wrong actions.
avatar
caraan.justine

Posts : 17
Join date : 2010-06-22
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Online Researching and Plagiarism... LS403

Post  amorado.aimielblessa on Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:00 am

perez.anna wrote:
After reading the said files, plagiarism is a sin. You steal someone's work without their knowledge or permission. Sometimes, I copy and paste ideas from any websites without giving credit to the owner of the work. That makes me guilty of plagiarism.

Thanks to the powerpoint because I got several ideas on how to avoid plagiarism. Whenever I get ideas from websites, I have to cite the source. Whenever I use the words of the others, I have to quote them and include their name. These are just simple ways, but a big factor to avoid plagiarism.

As a student, I often get my research assignments in the internet. Before, I just copy and paste the information that I gather, not knowing that it is illegal. After I have learned about plagiarism using the powerpoint presentation that Mrs. Maan gave us, I realized that it isnt fair to use the work of others for my own benefit and not even acknowledging who the real contributors are. We must be thankful to the people who write information and data in the internet because without them, studying would be a lot harder. LET US NOT ABUSE THEM
avatar
amorado.aimielblessa

Posts : 11
Join date : 2010-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Online Researching and Plagiarism... LS403

Post  vitto.krisha on Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:00 am

amorado.aimielblessa wrote:Isn't it nice to hear that we were the ones who discovered something and that all other people around us really acknowledge our contributions? But what if there were people who copy our work and let others know that it's theirs? Well.. what they're doing is illegal. It is called "plagiarism" Plagiarism is the copying other people's works without even acknowledging their contributors. Also, when we do not acknowledge ourselves as the contributors of our works.. it is also called plagiarism. In other words, we must really be careful in using the information / data that we gather in the internet / in books. We must respect the works of others.

We, Filipinos, always commit plagiarism especially when using the net. For example, in social websites, when we see an interesting quote from another profile, we tend to put it in ours without even mentioning who really made it.

Now that we know what plagiarism is.. LET US MAKE A DIFFERENCE! Let us acknowledge the works of others and do what is right!

That's totally right blessa! Smile We should start being original. We could also copy from other sites or books but we must also copy the reference to give credit to the owner of the ideas. Very Happy

vitto.krisha

Posts : 28
Join date : 2010-06-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Online Researching and Plagiarism... LS403

Post  sandimas.gabriel on Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:07 am

miguel.karl wrote:
landicho.czar wrote:My gosh! I realize that sometimes, I do this very wrong thing. It is stealing of others work. It is against the natural law. We should ask for permission or we should give them credits as we use their works.
I agree with you czar! I am also guilty of committing plagiarism like you. Maybe we should listen to the discussion of this topic so that we should not commit the same mistake again. Smile

That's right czar and karl! Very Happy Plagiarism is very very wrong so we, humans, must never commit it because it is also stealing. Smile It is against the seventh commandment so it is immoral. Smile))))

sandimas.gabriel

Posts : 36
Join date : 2010-06-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Online Researching and Plagiarism... LS403

Post  caraan.justine on Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:09 am

amorado.aimielblessa wrote:
perez.anna wrote:
After reading the said files, plagiarism is a sin. You steal someone's work without their knowledge or permission. Sometimes, I copy and paste ideas from any websites without giving credit to the owner of the work. That makes me guilty of plagiarism.

Thanks to the powerpoint because I got several ideas on how to avoid plagiarism. Whenever I get ideas from websites, I have to cite the source. Whenever I use the words of the others, I have to quote them and include their name. These are just simple ways, but a big factor to avoid plagiarism.

As a student, I often get my research assignments in the internet. Before, I just copy and paste the information that I gather, not knowing that it is illegal. After I have learned about plagiarism using the powerpoint presentation that Mrs. Maan gave us, I realized that it isnt fair to use the work of others for my own benefit and not even acknowledging who the real contributors are. We must be thankful to the people who write information and data in the internet because without them, studying would be a lot harder. LET US NOT ABUSE THEM


I also used to do that action, copying and pasting my assignments form the net. But as I grow older, I realize that what I have been doing is wrong. I also realized that plagiarism could cause larger problems, like the one linked to the former President Joseph Estrada. That's why, we as students must campaign against plagiarism!
avatar
caraan.justine

Posts : 17
Join date : 2010-06-22
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Online Researching and Plagiarism... LS403

Post  sandimas.gabriel on Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:10 am

caraan.justine wrote:I think it is indeed very important to cite our sources, whether we got the info from books or from the Internet to avoid plagiarism.

Plagiarism, as we all know, is an act of copying another person's work and declairing it as an original work of his. And according to Wikpedia, "...plagiarism is now considered academic dishonesty and a breach of journalistic ethics, subject to sanctions like expulsion and other severe career damage." This indicates the immorality of the action itself. Different ways to stop plagiarists from continuing their wrong actions.

That's right Blessa! Very Happy Plagiarism is immoral according to Ms. Sumcad :\ Smile So let us stop ourselves in copying others work without credit or permission:D

sandimas.gabriel

Posts : 36
Join date : 2010-06-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Online Researching and Plagiarism... LS403

Post  Buac.Rizabeth on Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:11 am

sandimas.gabriel wrote:
miguel.karl wrote:
landicho.czar wrote:My gosh! I realize that sometimes, I do this very wrong thing. It is stealing of others work. It is against the natural law. We should ask for permission or we should give them credits as we use their works.
I agree with you czar! I am also guilty of committing plagiarism like you. Maybe we should listen to the discussion of this topic so that we should not commit the same mistake again. Smile

That's right czar and karl! Very Happy Plagiarism is very very wrong so we, humans, must never commit it because it is also stealing. Smile It is against the seventh commandment so it is immoral. Smile))))

All of you were right ! Smile I'm also guilty of plagiarism Smile And now, after we have read the powerpoint, we should not commit the same mistakes again Smile Let's stop being immoral and start being moral by simply stop pagiarizing Very Happy

Buac.Rizabeth

Posts : 22
Join date : 2010-06-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

COPYRIGHT :]

Post  silva.pauline on Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:14 am

Now I understand why certain people or companies need to have copyrights on their released books or products. They just want to prevent others’ stealing their idea or work, claiming it as their own original work. Now, I realized that not only students commit this kind of stealing, but plagiarism is also applicable or it can also occur to such mature people in our society. I think it’s about time that we should battle out this issue. Be “THE ORIGINAL” Wink cyclops No Laughing Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Cool

silva.pauline

Posts : 40
Join date : 2010-06-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

We've learn :)

Post  Buac.Rizabeth on Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:17 am

As I was browsing all the posts of my classmates, I knew that all of us learned in the powerpoint by simply realizing that PLAGIARISM IS A CRIME. Smile It's an act of stealing as most of my classmates have just said. Smile I was happy in all our reactions and insights about this especially when they are honestly saying that they have done it also Smile And I'm expecting that none of us would do the same mistakes again for we have learned Smile Also, I expect all of us to have originality and to create new ideas and make it as our homeworks. after all, it's very much fulfilling to have your own ORIGINAL work Wink

Buac.Rizabeth

Posts : 22
Join date : 2010-06-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Online Researching and Plagiarism... LS403

Post  silva.pauline on Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:20 am

bunyi.eimeren wrote:"That makes me guilty of plagiarism."

I also feel the same way Anna. But we learn from our mistakes, so let's just be better and always put in mind that plagiarism isn't good for it's a form of cheating/stealing.

Very Happy

Yes, Yen. We are ALL GUILTY. Plagiarism MAKES US STUDENTS ALL GUILTY. Sad It is not worth the risk when you cheat. So, as much as possible, always do YOUR OWN work. Be the original. Be the best. Smile alien

silva.pauline

Posts : 40
Join date : 2010-06-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Online Researching and Plagiarism... LS403

Post  Buac.Rizabeth on Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:21 am

silva.pauline wrote:Now I understand why certain people or companies need to have copyrights on their released books or products. They just want to prevent others’ stealing their idea or work, claiming it as their own original work. Now, I realized that not only students commit this kind of stealing, but plagiarism is also applicable or it can also occur to such mature people in our society. I think it’s about time that we should battle out this issue. Be “THE ORIGINAL” Wink cyclops No Laughing Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Cool

That's right, Pau ! Smile It's good to have copyrights especially to companies, it's very much a big help to them to claim their own original work and as to others not to copy it to them. Smile Also, it is right that it is not only for us students but also to those people who make their own ideas as their factor of living. Smile

Buac.Rizabeth

Posts : 22
Join date : 2010-06-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Online Researching and Plagiarism... LS403

Post  caraan.justine on Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:25 am

When you copy other's work and claim that it is yours, you becme a plagiarist. One must acknowledge the person who originally published/ thought of that work. Imagine if you were in that other person's place. What would you feel??? To me, it feels like I've been robbed. I'd feel bad having someone else to republish my work and saying that it's his/hers. If it was you, how would you feel?? Won't you feel bad too?? So before anyone of us republish any work, let us first think of the original publisher. Let us acknowledge others for their contributions which help us enhance our own thinking.
avatar
caraan.justine

Posts : 17
Join date : 2010-06-22
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

LAZINESS AS A FACTOR OF PLAGIARIZING :)

Post  Buac.Rizabeth on Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:28 am

As we all know, if people are lazy they tend to do less work so as not to be tired. Comparing it to plagiarism, if one is lazy, he/she would probably just "copy-paste" it because the process is not tiring. We shouldn't be LAZY ! We should be industrious enough to make our new ideas or atleast interpret it on our own way Smile Yes, it is tiring. But after all, it's worth it. So, if we promise ourselves not to commit plagiarism again, we should promise ourselves first not to be lazy Smile Very Happy I must say that laziness is the best factor of plagiarizing. Smile

Buac.Rizabeth

Posts : 22
Join date : 2010-06-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Online Researching and Plagiarism... LS403

Post  caraan.justine on Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:30 am

Buac.Rizabeth wrote:As I was browsing all the posts of my classmates, I knew that all of us learned in the powerpoint by simply realizing that PLAGIARISM IS A CRIME. Smile It's an act of stealing as most of my classmates have just said. Smile I was happy in all our reactions and insights about this especially when they are honestly saying that they have done it also Smile And I'm expecting that none of us would do the same mistakes again for we have learned Smile Also, I expect all of us to have originality and to create new ideas and make it as our homeworks. after all, it's very much fulfilling to have your own ORIGINAL work Wink

Yes, that's right, Zawie. It trully is very much fulfilling to have our own original work. So classmates, in making our research paper in Englishand and in complying with our other requirements in school, let us apply our learnings about plagiarism.

For me, It is better to fail a few times, than to feel guilty all our lives for the success that we have achieved from using the work that is not originally OURS.
avatar
caraan.justine

Posts : 17
Join date : 2010-06-22
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Online Researching and Plagiarism... LS403

Post  silva.pauline on Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:33 am

Buac.Rizabeth wrote:As I was browsing all the posts of my classmates, I knew that all of us learned in the powerpoint by simply realizing that PLAGIARISM IS A CRIME. Smile It's an act of stealing as most of my classmates have just said. Smile I was happy in all our reactions and insights about this especially when they are honestly saying that they have done it also Smile And I'm expecting that none of us would do the same mistakes again for we have learned Smile Also, I expect all of us to have originality and to create new ideas and make it as our homeworks. after all, it's very much fulfilling to have your own ORIGINAL work Wink

Very well said, Ms. Buac I love you We've all learned a valuable lesson from the Powerpoint Smile The past doesn't matter now, if you have done or committed plagiarism in the past, well, the best thing to do now is to LEARN FROM IT. Smile What a Face Suspect And of course, to battle out and combat the issue, PLAGIARISM. Evil or Very Mad Yes, BEING ORIGINAL IS WORTH THE TIME AND EFFORT Smile cheers sunny

silva.pauline

Posts : 40
Join date : 2010-06-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Online Researching and Plagiarism... LS403

Post  silva.pauline on Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:35 am

Buac.Rizabeth wrote:As we all know, if people are lazy they tend to do less work so as not to be tired. Comparing it to plagiarism, if one is lazy, he/she would probably just "copy-paste" it because the process is not tiring. We shouldn't be LAZY ! We should be industrious enough to make our new ideas or atleast interpret it on our own way Smile Yes, it is tiring. But after all, it's worth it. So, if we promise ourselves not to commit plagiarism again, we should promise ourselves first not to be lazy Smile Very Happy I must say that laziness is the best factor of plagiarizing. Smile

BEING "LAZY" should not be in the vocabulary of students, nowadays. What a Face You're right, Zawie. cat As a Lasallian student, we should all serve as an example to others. Smile

silva.pauline

Posts : 40
Join date : 2010-06-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Online Researching and Plagiarism... LS403

Post  naungayan.dana on Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:36 am

Plagiarism is an act of cheating where one copies other's work without giving credit to the creator. There is a formal method of acknowledging the use of the creator's work called Citation.

Using the search engine is very convenient especially for those who don't have enough reference materials but have the internet for searching...Advanced search is useful to filter out unnecessary results that are unrelated to your searched topic.
avatar
naungayan.dana

Posts : 17
Join date : 2010-06-22

View user profile http://dana123girl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Online Researching and Plagiarism... LS403

Post  Buac.Rizabeth on Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:40 am

silva.pauline wrote:
Buac.Rizabeth wrote:As I was browsing all the posts of my classmates, I knew that all of us learned in the powerpoint by simply realizing that PLAGIARISM IS A CRIME. Smile It's an act of stealing as most of my classmates have just said. Smile I was happy in all our reactions and insights about this especially when they are honestly saying that they have done it also Smile And I'm expecting that none of us would do the same mistakes again for we have learned Smile Also, I expect all of us to have originality and to create new ideas and make it as our homeworks. after all, it's very much fulfilling to have your own ORIGINAL work Wink

Very well said, Ms. Buac I love you We've all learned a valuable lesson from the Powerpoint Smile The past doesn't matter now, if you have done or committed plagiarism in the past, well, the best thing to do now is to LEARN FROM IT. Smile What a Face Suspect And of course, to battle out and combat the issue, PLAGIARISM. Evil or Very Mad Yes, BEING ORIGINAL IS WORTH THE TIME AND EFFORT Smile cheers sunny

Thank you, Ms. Silva Smile Yes, past is past, we should ready ourselves and our actions in the future, one action is not to plagiarized Smile Learning from your mistake is the best way to be a better person Smile

Buac.Rizabeth

Posts : 22
Join date : 2010-06-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The True Essence of Researching <3

Post  silva.pauline on Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:41 am

Teachers assign us with different projects and seat works everyday. Embarassed But we are not getting their point.Even our teachers don't want us to fail their subject because we didn't comply with their requirements. THEY SIMPLY WANTED US TO LEARN FROM OUR RESEARCH. Smile Like a Star @ heaven And usually, we tend to just copy others' work. Which violates the TRUE ESSENCE OF RESEARCHING. So, do your own assignment! Be independent! You will definitely learn from your research! Don't always think that it's useless. :> alien

silva.pauline

Posts : 40
Join date : 2010-06-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Online Researching and Plagiarism... LS403

Post  Buac.Rizabeth on Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:43 am

caraan.justine wrote:
Buac.Rizabeth wrote:As I was browsing all the posts of my classmates, I knew that all of us learned in the powerpoint by simply realizing that PLAGIARISM IS A CRIME. Smile It's an act of stealing as most of my classmates have just said. Smile I was happy in all our reactions and insights about this especially when they are honestly saying that they have done it also Smile And I'm expecting that none of us would do the same mistakes again for we have learned Smile Also, I expect all of us to have originality and to create new ideas and make it as our homeworks. after all, it's very much fulfilling to have your own ORIGINAL work Wink

Yes, that's right, Zawie. It trully is very much fulfilling to have our own original work. So classmates, in making our research paper in Englishand and in complying with our other requirements in school, let us apply our learnings about plagiarism.

For me, It is better to fail a few times, than to feel guilty all our lives for the success that we have achieved from using the work that is not originally OURS.

Thanks Justine Smile Yes, we commited mistake, we've learn from our mistake, so now, WE SHOULD APPLY WHAT WE'VE LEARN Very Happy Smile

Buac.Rizabeth

Posts : 22
Join date : 2010-06-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Online Researching and Plagiarism... LS403

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum