Online Forum Discussion for Ms. Maan's Class
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

@LS301 Plagiarism and Wading through the Net

+29
maranan.bryan
panaligan.abi
tolentino.gio
alvarez.aefrill
kenneth.perez
Carandang.Carmela
tobias.kevin
jeannine.cruz
sanchez.mikaela
ramirez.andrew
mendoza.nina
fondevilla.julius
olan.elona
samita.chonkria
marjolino.jovenal
austria.martin
callanta.marydee
inhumang.lenver
chua.darwin
adan.veronica
cuerdo.camille
lina.maria
venzuela.alexis
macalintal.kathlyn
marquez.isaac
delarosa.yves
alcantara.josef
dayrit.kerwin
Admin
33 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

@LS301 Plagiarism and Wading through the Net - Page 2 Empty plagiarism= :| o.o

Post  mendoza.nina Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:17 am

i was shocked that in simple stealing u will be gravely punished... Shocked i dont know that sometimes when i'm doing my assignment i was plagiarizing because mostly i will just copy paste Neutral Smile)

mendoza.nina

Back to top Go down

@LS301 Plagiarism and Wading through the Net - Page 2 Empty Re: @LS301 Plagiarism and Wading through the Net

Post  olan.elona Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:17 am

alcantara.josef wrote:
marquez.isaac wrote:Limewire is court marshalled and banned because of this plagiarism thing... jocolor lol!

yes, because they distribute files which are from other's personal stuff...

how about frostwire? isn't it also like limewire?

olan.elona

Back to top Go down

@LS301 Plagiarism and Wading through the Net - Page 2 Empty Re: @LS301 Plagiarism and Wading through the Net

Post  lina.maria Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:18 am

marquez.isaac wrote:Limewire is court marshalled and banned because of this plagiarism thing... jocolor lol!

really ?

lina.maria

Back to top Go down

@LS301 Plagiarism and Wading through the Net - Page 2 Empty People's Responsibility

Post  ramirez.andrew Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:18 am

internet users must know their responsibilities. Plagiarism is a serious case, but most people nowadays just ignored it for their own sakes and for their own convenience. As true educated people you must know your limitations as a user you can just get informations from the net but one cannot copy what he or she sees or gathered because it just shows your personality as irresponsible and lazy individual.

ramirez.andrew

Back to top Go down

@LS301 Plagiarism and Wading through the Net - Page 2 Empty COPY-PASTE-COPY-PASTE

Post  sanchez.mikaela Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:18 am

Most of us students always "copy paste" our assignments not knowing that we are already committing plagiarism. Plagiarism is the usage of someone's work without giving credit. What would you feel if your assignment was copied and edited? What if the person who copied got a higher score than you? Evil or Very Mad After realizing these questions, I have to say that we should always state our sources in every research assignment. Wink

sanchez.mikaela

Back to top Go down

Post  samita.chonkria Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:18 am

macalintal.kathlyn wrote:www.cactisearch.com was really amazing! if i only knew that last night, i'll surely use that site in searching for our assignments, special for my special assignment. --> the per capita income of the philippines last 2009 Neutral

and also, i learned alot of site where we can easily find what we are looking for. right? yey! Very Happy What a Face

yeah we should've known that earlier. this would've made our researches more organized and faster. Smile) Very Happy

samita.chonkria

Back to top Go down

Post  jeannine.cruz Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:18 am

i didn't even know that i've done so many plagiarism. o.O i thought that copying someone's work is good because it'll give you so much information. yet it's a way of stealing their knowledge. Neutral

jeannine.cruz

Back to top Go down

Post  olan.elona Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:19 am

mendoza.nina wrote:i was shocked that in simple stealing u will be gravely punished... Shocked i dont know that sometimes when i'm doing my assignment i was plagiarizing because mostly i will just copy paste Neutral Smile)

you're not the only one Smile hahha! well it is just that we now know we should not keep doing it... Smile even though it makes our homework even harder haha! oh well!

olan.elona

Back to top Go down

Post  macalintal.kathlyn Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:19 am

samita.chonkria wrote: all the while i was doing plagiarism when it comes to our assignments that requires research Shocked . good thing i wasnt caught Laughing joke

same here! Very Happy

macalintal.kathlyn

Back to top Go down

@LS301 Plagiarism and Wading through the Net - Page 2 Empty is this plagiarism?

Post  alcantara.josef Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:19 am

i copied a text from a book word per word, without paraphrasing it or doing some editing but i still gave credit to it in the bibliography part of the paper. was that right?? Sad

alcantara.josef

Back to top Go down

Post  delarosa.yves Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:19 am

can this plagiarism make us imprisoned?

delarosa.yves

Back to top Go down

Post  mendoza.nina Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:19 am

samita.chonkria wrote: all the while i was doing plagiarism when it comes to our assignments that requires research Shocked . good thing i wasnt caught Laughing joke

haha. xD i'm also like u :p before i really don't know that what i'm doing is plagiarism o.o

mendoza.nina

Back to top Go down

@LS301 Plagiarism and Wading through the Net - Page 2 Empty Plagiarism

Post  tobias.kevin Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:19 am

I have now realized that plagiarism is very immoral so I need to stop plagiarising. There are many students who are doing plagiarism that's why I think plagiarism is the reason why the quality of education of today's generation are now less. Students are becoming lazier and for that they are always in a hurry to do their assignments and I think students plagiarise to finish their assignments earlier so they can do the things they want.

Plagiarism is a very big deal. As I have watched a movie called "Social Network", a movie which talks about how did Mark Zuckerberg created Facebook, he was charged of plagiarism by some Harvard students particularly the Winklevoss twins and because of that he needed to explain every detail and evidences to prove that he did not steal the thoughts of the twins. It was a very long process. Plagiarism can be a cause for us to be put to jail.

tobias.kevin

Back to top Go down

@LS301 Plagiarism and Wading through the Net - Page 2 Empty ncie

Post  olan.elona Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:19 am

marjolino.jovenal wrote:stop plagiarism! Neutral We should learn how to respect someone's work. The one who made a work surely exerted much effort so we should do the same thing. Is it not better to have something which is really yours?

ahha! nice speech Smile agreed with you! Smile

olan.elona

Back to top Go down

Post  Carandang.Carmela Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:20 am

I learned that Plagiarism is a big deal to other people. It's like a sort of stealing, owning somebody's work etc. . Shocked We as a student must know how to pharaphrase informations so that we will not involve in any issues about it.

Carandang.Carmela

Back to top Go down

Post  delarosa.yves Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:20 am

marquez.isaac wrote:
delarosa.yves wrote:
dayrit.kerwin wrote:i think that almost all of us done this by downloading songs in a music sharing site witch is illegal!!! Very Happy

your right kerwin...you always do that am i right??hahaha!!! Very Happy

who doesn't??? haha

me?

delarosa.yves

Back to top Go down

Post  ramirez.andrew Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:20 am

olan.elona wrote:opppss! i also commit plagiarism myself sometimes, sorry for that >.< haha!

well now that i know, i won't just copy things off from the internet Smile hahah! cause now i know that it is wrong and illegal and it is also a form of cheating and stealing. :l

i guess not only student like us commit this kind of act, even the adults since some of us do not even know that we already doing it.

next time we have to be sure that we are not just copying someone's works. Even when we have the person's permission to copy it we still dont have the right if we are not giving the credit to the people who made it... haha!

same realizations here. Smile

ramirez.andrew

Back to top Go down

@LS301 Plagiarism and Wading through the Net - Page 2 Empty copy paste?!

Post  kenneth.perez Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:20 am

We should change our habit on "copying and pasting" our homework or assignment because we would commit plagiarism and if we were caught we would be PUNISHED! affraid We should give thanks to the people who post the things that we search. We could give thanks or give credits to those people by stating them on our assignments or giving the URL of the site that we copied from. sunny

kenneth.perez

Back to top Go down

@LS301 Plagiarism and Wading through the Net - Page 2 Empty Present life

Post  fondevilla.julius Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:20 am

Nowadays, there are lots of people accused of plagiarism. One was from the news like the "Umagang kay Ganda", , aside from this, even students can be also accused of plagiarism.

fondevilla.julius

Back to top Go down

@LS301 Plagiarism and Wading through the Net - Page 2 Empty stop plagiarism

Post  adan.veronica Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:20 am

plagiarism is a crime and i realized that i've been doing it o.0 it should be stopped since it makes people become lazy.

adan.veronica

Back to top Go down

Post  mendoza.nina Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:21 am

olan.elona wrote:
mendoza.nina wrote:i was shocked that in simple stealing u will be gravely punished... Shocked i dont know that sometimes when i'm doing my assignment i was plagiarizing because mostly i will just copy paste Neutral Smile)

you're not the only one Smile hahha! well it is just that we now know we should not keep doing it... Smile even though it makes our homework even harder haha! oh well!

yeah you're right Very Happy we should be careful now :p

mendoza.nina

Back to top Go down

Post  alcantara.josef Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:21 am

olan.elona wrote:

i think all of us has done some plagiarizing once in a while. but now, we how to acknowledge this sources. Smile)

alcantara.josef

Back to top Go down

Post  marquez.isaac Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:21 am

olan.elona wrote:
alcantara.josef wrote:

yes, because they distribute files which are from other's personal stuff...

how about frostwire? isn't it also like limewire?

I think frostwire dodged a silver bullet but it will be in to court sooner or later I think haha Very Happy

marquez.isaac

Back to top Go down

Post  sanchez.mikaela Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:21 am

lina.maria wrote:

really ?

OMG since when? Are you sure Mr. Isaac? Shocked

sanchez.mikaela

Back to top Go down

@LS301 Plagiarism and Wading through the Net - Page 2 Empty CTRL C then CTRL V

Post  alvarez.aefrill Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:21 am

I've learned that plagiarism is a sin, stealing one's property and only copying one's thoughts and ideas without his/her permission. Wink

alvarez.aefrill

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next