Online Forum Discussion for Ms. Maan's Class
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

@LS301 Plagiarism and Wading through the Net

+29
maranan.bryan
panaligan.abi
tolentino.gio
alvarez.aefrill
kenneth.perez
Carandang.Carmela
tobias.kevin
jeannine.cruz
sanchez.mikaela
ramirez.andrew
mendoza.nina
fondevilla.julius
olan.elona
samita.chonkria
marjolino.jovenal
austria.martin
callanta.marydee
inhumang.lenver
chua.darwin
adan.veronica
cuerdo.camille
lina.maria
venzuela.alexis
macalintal.kathlyn
marquez.isaac
delarosa.yves
alcantara.josef
dayrit.kerwin
Admin
33 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

@LS301 Plagiarism and Wading through the Net - Page 3 Empty Re: @LS301 Plagiarism and Wading through the Net

Post  lina.maria Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:21 am

ramirez.andrew wrote:internet users must know their responsibilities. Plagiarism is a serious case, but most people nowadays just ignored it for their own sakes and for their own convenience. As true educated people you must know your limitations as a user you can just get informations from the net but one cannot copy what he or she sees or gathered because it just shows your personality as irresponsible and lazy individual.

double thumbs-up to what you said, renz. Smile honestly, when we have assignment i was sort of lazy too ! i just copy and paste. :/ but since i've learned about plagiarism i'll never do it again ! Smile)

lina.maria

Back to top Go down

@LS301 Plagiarism and Wading through the Net - Page 3 Empty Re: @LS301 Plagiarism and Wading through the Net

Post  kenneth.perez Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:21 am

fondevilla.julius wrote:Nowadays, there are lots of people accused of plagiarism. One was from the news like the "Umagang kay Ganda", , aside from this, even students can be also accused of plagiarism.

right!and we all have experiences. affraid

kenneth.perez

Back to top Go down

@LS301 Plagiarism and Wading through the Net - Page 3 Empty happy to own what's really mine :)

Post  marjolino.jovenal Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:21 am

everyone should know that copying something without the owner's permission is stealing!
if we just copy and paste something which we do not own, there must be something bothering us within ourselves. LET US ALL BE ORIGINAL BECAUSE IT FEELS HAPPY TO OWN WHAT'S REALLY OURS! Laughing Laughing Laughing

marjolino.jovenal

Back to top Go down

Post  tolentino.gio Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:22 am

plagiarism is bad doings because you are stealing someones work!!!! Cool Cool

tolentino.gio

Back to top Go down

Post  samita.chonkria Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:22 am

olan.elona wrote:opppss! i also commit plagiarism myself sometimes, sorry for that >.< haha!

well now that i know, i won't just copy things off from the internet Smile hahah! cause now i know that it is wrong and illegal and it is also a form of cheating and stealing. :l

i guess not only student like us commit this kind of act, even the adults since some of us do not even know that we already doing it.

next time we have to be sure that we are not just copying someone's works. Even when we have the person's permission to copy it we still dont have the right if we are not giving the credit to the people who made it... haha!

true true! Razz this makes students lazy and dependent on the internet. but still we do this because we dont have all the time in the world to do a researh. gets?! Smile

samita.chonkria

Back to top Go down

Post  marquez.isaac Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:22 am

sanchez.mikaela wrote:
lina.maria wrote:
marquez.isaac wrote:Limewire is court marshalled and banned because of this plagiarism thing... jocolor lol!

really ?

OMG since when? Are you sure Mr. Isaac? Shocked

Yeah thats why I switch to Frostwire I hate that court thingy afro

marquez.isaac

Back to top Go down

Post  lina.maria Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:22 am

sanchez.mikaela wrote:
lina.maria wrote:
marquez.isaac wrote:Limewire is court marshalled and banned because of this plagiarism thing... jocolor lol!

really ?

yea, isaac ? is it true ? :O

lina.maria

Back to top Go down

Post  alvarez.aefrill Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:22 am

marquez.isaac wrote:
olan.elona wrote:
alcantara.josef wrote:

yes, because they distribute files which are from other's personal stuff...

how about frostwire? isn't it also like limewire?

I think frostwire dodged a silver bullet but it will be in to court sooner or later I think haha Very Happy

try limewire, it is already banned. haha Laughing

Last edited by alvarez.aefrill on Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total

alvarez.aefrill

Back to top Go down

Post  kenneth.perez Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:22 am

sanchez.mikaela wrote:
lina.maria wrote:

really ?

IS THIS TRUE?!

kenneth.perez

Back to top Go down

Post  callanta.marydee Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:22 am

alcantara.josef wrote:i copied a text from a book word per word, without paraphrasing it or doing some editing but i still gave credit to it in the bibliography part of the paper. was that right?? Sad

but in the end you still gave credit to the source right?i think its LEGAL?ahahahaha xD

callanta.marydee

Back to top Go down

@LS301 Plagiarism and Wading through the Net - Page 3 Empty Plagiarism

Post  tobias.kevin Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:22 am

I have realized that I have also done plagiarism since I stepped into high school where it requires to do some researching.

tobias.kevin

Back to top Go down

Post  adan.veronica Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:23 am

alcantara.josef wrote:i copied a text from a book word per word, without paraphrasing it or doing some editing but i still gave credit to it in the bibliography part of the paper. was that right?? Sad

i think it's alright because you gave credit to the author in the end.

adan.veronica

Back to top Go down

@LS301 Plagiarism and Wading through the Net - Page 3 Empty cover bands

Post  dayrit.kerwin Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:23 am

so every one who played in EST covering a song is plagiarism. Very Happy

dayrit.kerwin

Back to top Go down

Post  marquez.isaac Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:24 am

delarosa.yves wrote:
marquez.isaac wrote:
delarosa.yves wrote:
dayrit.kerwin wrote:i think that almost all of us done this by downloading songs in a music sharing site witch is illegal!!! Very Happy

your right kerwin...you always do that am i right??hahaha!!! Very Happy

who doesn't??? haha

me?

Owwhhhzzz???? geek

marquez.isaac

Back to top Go down

Post  alcantara.josef Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:24 am

olan.elona wrote:
alcantara.josef wrote:

thee is such thing as frostwire? I DIDN'T KNOW THAT! Question Exclamation

alcantara.josef

Back to top Go down

Post  venzuela.alexis Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:24 am

alvarez.aefrill wrote:I've learned that plagiarism is a sin, stealing one's property and only copying one's thoughts and ideas without his/her permission. Wink

Whatta tempura title! Control C and then Control V huh? Razz Hahahahaha! Nice. \m/

venzuela.alexis

Back to top Go down

Post  sanchez.mikaela Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:24 am

Ignorance of the rule does not excuse us. Since we know that plagiarism is a crime we should avoid copying assignments. Very Happy

sanchez.mikaela

Back to top Go down

Post  chua.darwin Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:24 am

i have found new sites new search engine this sites will me to do my assignment, projects, and research papers. and by studying plagiarism i can do my works without stealing others work

chua.darwin

Back to top Go down

Post  panaligan.abi Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:24 am

now i know what plagiarism is Smile Idea . . .hmm. . .nowadays students tends to copy their assignments from the internet not knowing that it is plagiarism. . we should avoid this kind of action Smile , we must learn to think on our own. . . and never copy the ides of others. . .

panaligan.abi

Back to top Go down

Post  maranan.bryan Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:24 am

hiii.;

be mindful of your belonings''
thats the lesson

maranan.bryan

Back to top Go down

@LS301 Plagiarism and Wading through the Net - Page 3 Empty problem: laziness of people

Post  cuerdo.camille Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:24 am

plagiarism occur because people are lazy. They don't want to read their researches. They are copying and pasting the work of others. They don't change the ideas of other.
when the author caught you copying his work, you will be punish because it is a big deal for them because they worked for it.

cuerdo.camille

Back to top Go down

Post  marquez.isaac Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:24 am

alcantara.josef wrote:
olan.elona wrote:
alcantara.josef wrote:

thee is such thing as frostwire? I DIDN'T KNOW THAT! Question Exclamation

Yup the next best alternative to Limewire haha

marquez.isaac

Back to top Go down

Post  mendoza.nina Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:25 am

samita.chonkria wrote:
macalintal.kathlyn wrote:www.cactisearch.com was really amazing! if i only knew that last night, i'll surely use that site in searching for our assignments, special for my special assignment. --> the per capita income of the philippines last 2009 Neutral

and also, i learned alot of site where we can easily find what we are looking for. right? yey! Very Happy What a Face

yeah we should've known that earlier. this would've made our researches more organized and faster. Smile) Very Happy

both of are right haha Razz and if we know it before then our researches will be good Razz

mendoza.nina

Back to top Go down

Post  marjolino.jovenal Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:25 am

macalintal.kathlyn wrote: after the discussion, i was like " am i a criminal, too? " haha. Smile) i've done lots of Plagiarism. since i started searching. i didn't even bother to know who was the author of the things that i got from the internet. Embarassed

I thought of that too! O.o Now that we know what is plagiarism already, we should always do the right thing! Laughing

marjolino.jovenal

Back to top Go down

Post  samita.chonkria Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:25 am

mendoza.nina wrote:
samita.chonkria wrote: all the while i was doing plagiarism when it comes to our assignments that requires research Shocked . good thing i wasnt caught Laughing joke

haha. xD i'm also like u :p before i really don't know that what i'm doing is plagiarism o.o

yeah i really had no idea, even one tiny bit! good thing we learned it here. i would really be scared if we were to be imprisoned! Shocked Shocked Shocked cherry

samita.chonkria

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next