Online Forum Discussion for Ms. Maan's Class
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Researching and Plagiarism... LS403

+31
amorado.aimielblessa
lat.angela
maralit.leandro
coloma.kimberly
Buac.Rizabeth
armamento.lulu
silva.pauline
perez.anna
bunyi.eimeren
chua.darwin
bautista.angeli
tyrone.magpantay
pagayunan.faye
labindalawa.dana
bollozos.jane
Aquino. Jestin
mendoza.marlaandrea
bianca.arada
princess.panganiban
vitto.krisha
olap.neriezza
delgado.stephany
Bravo.Cyril
macapagal.frances
barro.anne
mercado.margaret
landicho.czar
manguiat.julie
miguel.karl
gutierrez.gio
Admin
35 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Online Researching and Plagiarism...  LS403 - Page 6 Empty Stop Plagiarism!

Post  Bravo.Cyril Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:53 am

Plagiarism is a form of stealing someone's work or ideas and claim them as if it is yours. It's prohibited in universities and even in businesses so it's important to learn the proper ways to acknowledge/ to give credit to the people behind those works and ideas Very Happy
Bravo.Cyril
Bravo.Cyril

Back to top Go down

Online Researching and Plagiarism...  LS403 - Page 6 Empty "Copy-Paste" Habit

Post  Bravo.Cyril Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:59 am

miguel.karl wrote:Most of the students are guilty of plagiarism without knowing that they have done it. Plagiarism is using someone's work without giving credit to the original author and making one's work as their own work. Plagiarism occurs especially when the students are having their assignments and research. Students just copy and paste what they have seen in the Internet and pass it to their teachers without giving or providing the source of their assignment or research. Plagiarism is considered theft or stealing according to the law.

I agree with you Karl. Students don't even know that they are committing plagiarism for some of them don't have enough knowledge about it. Also, Plagiarism happens when a student is cramming for something like research works or assignments so they are forced to plagiarize the works of others through books, magazines and internet. I agree that mos of the students had this "copy-paste" habit when they are doing research or assignments which is totally immoral. For us not to be caught plagiarizing, we must give credit or acknowledge them for their work. Very Happy
Bravo.Cyril
Bravo.Cyril

Back to top Go down

Online Researching and Plagiarism...  LS403 - Page 6 Empty The Golden Rule

Post  Bravo.Cyril Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:05 am

manguiat.julie wrote:"Plagiarism means using another’s work without giving them credit and saying that it is your own."
It is like you steal the property of others. You can get information from others ,but you should give him/her a credit in your work. You can avoid Plagiarism in different ways like acknowledging the person, citing internet sources in your bibliography, and many more. Smile)

I agree with you Julie, It is also stealing the ideas and thoughts of others. We can use the work of others provide that we must give credit to them for they are the owners of those works. It is right that we must acknowledge them for their work because if we don't, someday,no one can tell, that they will also do the same as we did to them Very Happy
Bravo.Cyril
Bravo.Cyril

Back to top Go down

Online Researching and Plagiarism...  LS403 - Page 6 Empty Straightening Mistakes.

Post  Bravo.Cyril Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:09 am

landicho.czar wrote:My gosh! I realize that sometimes, I do this very wrong thing. It is stealing of others work. It is against the natural law. We should ask for permission or we should give them credits as we use their works.

Czar, don't worry. Next time when you will get the information or works of others, You must NEVER forget to give credit to them by citing their names and references. There's no harm in using the works of others but always remember to acknowledge them for they are their work/s. Very Happy Just don't forget it Next time.
Bravo.Cyril
Bravo.Cyril

Back to top Go down

Online Researching and Plagiarism...  LS403 - Page 6 Empty A Techy-Gratitude

Post  Bravo.Cyril Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:17 am

mercado.margaret wrote:Plagiarism is a crime. As what was stated from the powerpoint presentation, it can be defined as using other's work without giving them a credit and saying that its your own.

After reading and comprehending with this topic, I have realized that is very important to give CREDIT to someone especially when you know that it isn't your work. For example, for students like us who are always given tons of research assignments...most of the time, we just do the "copy and paste" strategy and print it then submit. But now, giving credits to the site / author (if you got it from a book) matters. After all, there is no shame letting your teacher know that you did your homework.

Wink

Do not be afraid to inlcude in your "copy and paste" strategy the website where you got your topic. It's but normal to tell everyone that you did just shared with others' idea for a topic that's new to you. Smile

I agree with you Meg. The purposes why did the owners post that works are primarily to inform and to share his/her ideas to others. It means that we can use the information or data we've got for us to answer and finish our homework or assignments provided that we must acknowledge and give credit to their ideas. It's like thanking a person for he/she give something that will be useful to you. Very Happy
Bravo.Cyril
Bravo.Cyril

Back to top Go down

Online Researching and Plagiarism...  LS403 - Page 6 Empty Learning From Experience

Post  Bravo.Cyril Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:59 am

vitto.krisha wrote:Would you steal a bag? Would you rob a bank? Would you steal just for an assignment? Well, to tell everyone honestly, I am guilty of plagiarism. I do it whenever there is a research work needed in school. The top site where I steal ideas is Wikipedia. Well, it's the site that pops out into my mind whenever assignment is needed. Very Happy I'll admit it; I hate it when references are asked. I always forget to put my references so I need to search the sites again so it's very tiresome. But still, it's a crime. Well, I guess, it's another lessoned learned for all of us. Very Happy

I agree with you, Even though it is just a simple work that you copied, you must give credit to the person who did it. We must steal other people's works because you will be guilty of plagiarism. We must not forget to acknowledge them and we must not forget the lesson we'd learned. Very Happy
Bravo.Cyril
Bravo.Cyril

Back to top Go down

Online Researching and Plagiarism...  LS403 - Page 6 Empty 11th Commandment: Thou shall not commit Plagiarism

Post  Santos.JohannaPolina Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:09 pm

Plagiarism, as we all know, is an act of claiming someone else's property as our own. This is very wrong in the writing world especially when we don't credit the real owner. It's like, we get someone's properties with permission or in short we steal them. People should not do this because this is a sign of disrespect to the real owner as we use his works for our own sake. Therefore, one must not commit to this act.

Santos.JohannaPolina

Back to top Go down

Online Researching and Plagiarism...  LS403 - Page 6 Empty Plagiarism: A Selfish Habit

Post  Santos.JohannaPolina Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:19 pm

I can say that when one commits plagiarism, he is selfish. He thinks only of himself when he does this. He wants to be recognized and to be the best so he "copy-paste"s an impressive and a juicy article about an important topic without crediting the original owner. He doesn't care about the owner's sufferings in producing the informative piece. Being insensitive, the "plagiarist" continues in doing this act without even considering the possible feelings of the original owner. pirat

Santos.JohannaPolina

Back to top Go down

Online Researching and Plagiarism...  LS403 - Page 6 Empty ORIG is ASTIG.

Post  Santos.JohannaPolina Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:43 pm

One must also learn the act of being original. We should produce our own works with the help of doing some experiments so that we won't be accused of stealing. With these, we will deepen our understanding about our desired topic. In doing this, we can be the change this society needs. lol! lol! lol!

Santos.JohannaPolina

Back to top Go down

Online Researching and Plagiarism...  LS403 - Page 6 Empty Re: Online Researching and Plagiarism... LS403

Post  Santos.JohannaPolina Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:47 pm

"Plagiarism is defined in dictionaries as "the wrongful appropriation, close imitation, or purloining and publication, of another author's language, thoughts, ideas, or expressions, and the representation of them as one's own original work."

-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plagiarism

As far as I know, citations should be done in this form. I may not be totally complete when it comes to details, but when we cite the source, one can always see the whole details of the article. So let's stop plagiarism as much as possible. Cool

Santos.JohannaPolina

Back to top Go down

Online Researching and Plagiarism...  LS403 - Page 6 Empty Evil Brothers

Post  Santos.JohannaPolina Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:58 pm

As we all know, the Republic of the Philippines discourages and stops the people from doing PIRACY. When we think of it, Piracy is just like Plagiarism in a sense. Piracy produces multiple copies of an original work without the permission from the producer. One illegally records a movie from a movie theater. He then burns this videos into millions of cd's to earn large amounts of money. To cut the long story short, one goes below the belt in order for him to benefit a lot. The same principle goes for plagiarism as well. That's why, they are considered as EVIL SIBLINGS Twisted Evil

Santos.JohannaPolina

Back to top Go down

Online Researching and Plagiarism...  LS403 - Page 6 Empty Re: Online Researching and Plagiarism... LS403

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6