Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Re: Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net

Post  aldover.meryl on Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:48 pm

burog.jomarigabriel wrote:
mayo.raizza wrote:
i don't want to be a fraud. do you?

who wants to be in the circle 8? Nobody wants to go to hell of course. But, Hell, nowadays, is hard to escape. Its clutches are tight and we seldom see the difference between the good and evil. The battle now is reality vs. idealism.

We we're given the gifts of knowledge and wisdom... We should know the difference between good and bad... Plagiarism is bad so don't be ignorant of the issue... As jrel and niña said, it's a serious matter.
avatar
aldover.meryl

Posts : 50
Join date : 2010-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net

Post  ng.justine on Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:52 pm

Niña Keith B. Viterbo wrote: One of these days, if plagiarism worsens, many people especially the victims would suffer!!

This is so true Niña! Victims of plagiarism would really suffer! And we don't want to be one of those victims, don't we? neither do we want to be the cause of other's suffering. So I really think that we should start making a move to stop and change our old ways of plagiarizing other's work, and that move and change will begin in us. cheers
avatar
ng.justine

Posts : 29
Join date : 2010-06-23
Age : 23
Location : Lipa City

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net

Post  aldover.meryl on Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:53 pm

hernandez.jaerelle wrote:
aldover.meryl wrote:
dinglasan.joycebelle wrote:
hernandez.jaerelle wrote:Plagiarism is a mortal sin.

I totally agree Smile


ayieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee XD

Plagiarism is a serious matter. Very Happy



LOVE should be taken seriously!


haha I agree that plagiarism is a sin.... It violates many laws!

avatar
aldover.meryl

Posts : 50
Join date : 2010-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net

Post  aldover.meryl on Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:58 pm

dimaandal.roma wrote:After reading the powerpoint presentations, I had a guilty feeling inside me. I reflected for sometime and realized that I AM GUILTY of Plagiarism. It's hard to accept the fact that I am a thief.


same here!
Now that we know the right thing to do... we should apply it...!
better late than never!
avatar
aldover.meryl

Posts : 50
Join date : 2010-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net

Post  dimaandal.roma on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:02 pm

aldover.meryl wrote:
dimaandal.roma wrote:After reading the powerpoint presentations, I had a guilty feeling inside me. I reflected for sometime and realized that I AM GUILTY of Plagiarism. It's hard to accept the fact that I am a thief.


same here!
Now that we know the right thing to do... we should apply it...!
better late than never!

yes, meryl.. and it's never too late to change. Smile
avatar
dimaandal.roma

Posts : 23
Join date : 2010-06-23
Age : 23
Location : Lipa City, Batangas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net

Post  dimaandal.roma on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:07 pm

reyes.clarisa wrote:, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." cheers

that's true! Smile I remember what Aaron told me years ago, he said: "Don't you want them to like you because you are you and not because you're someone else?" Learn to be yourself. Don't plagiarize! Smile)
avatar
dimaandal.roma

Posts : 23
Join date : 2010-06-23
Age : 23
Location : Lipa City, Batangas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net

Post  aldover.meryl on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:08 pm

ortaliza.kevin wrote: Anyone of any age could be involved in this crime.

That's right... as early as possible.... we should be informed about plagiarism.
avatar
aldover.meryl

Posts : 50
Join date : 2010-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net

Post  bolaños.jerelyn on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:10 pm

guevarra.mariaquita wrote:Back then, I always thought that once I "patched-up" the info I needed from the Internet, it's already a research paper and I could already pass it. I thought that since it was from different sites and I didn't copy all of their works, it is not yet a plagiarism. It's now a false assumption, e? Very Happy[/justify]

I also though of it that way Quita. Good thing the powerpoint made me realize that even little information from the others needs credit so as to avoid plagiarism.
avatar
bolaños.jerelyn

Posts : 22
Join date : 2010-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net

Post  adao.prince on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:11 pm

lalusin.aaron wrote:After reading the presentations, I felt guilty because I may have committed plagiarism because back then I did not properly cite my resources whenever I do research works. Also, I did not realize until now that self-plagiarism existed. I now realize how bad plagiarism is and I will now strive to avoid this heinous crime against intellectual property.

I am like you Aaron.... I have not thought that what am I doing is already wrong...... Surprised
avatar
adao.prince

Posts : 26
Join date : 2010-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net

Post  bolaños.jerelyn on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:15 pm

dimaculangan.kerenkristel wrote:After reading the powerpoint about conducting research on the internet, I realized that internet is really advantageous in our world today. In just an instant, one will be provided with what he/she is looking for. I also knew that there are a lot of search engines that can provide us with the information that we need.

With the modern technology that we have, students like us will not have difficulty in doing the assignments because of internet. Moreover, we must also remember to cite the sources where we get those information to avoid plagiarism.
avatar
bolaños.jerelyn

Posts : 22
Join date : 2010-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net

Post  hernandez.jaerelle on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:17 pm

Niña Keith B. Viterbo wrote:
hernandez.jaerelle wrote:
ortaliza.kevin wrote:
hernandez.jaerelle wrote:
Abrenica.MarkKevin wrote:' copy paste '

Other term for plagiarism.

You are very correct!!
See?

oh. i see..
Plagiarism is the easiest crime of all. Just high-light on some words, right click and select copy.


Last edited by hernandez.jaerelle on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

hernandez.jaerelle

Posts : 24
Join date : 2010-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net

Post  adao.prince on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:17 pm

dimaandal.roma wrote:
reyes.clarisa wrote:, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." cheers

that's true! Smile I remember what Aaron told me years ago, he said: "Don't you want them to like you because you are you and not because you're someone else?" Learn to be yourself. Don't plagiarize! Smile)

I agree to both of you..... WE should not imitate other people just to impress others... we should learn to be ourselves.... SAY NO TO PLAGIARISM. Neutral [quote]
avatar
adao.prince

Posts : 26
Join date : 2010-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net

Post  marquez.litzmichaela on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:19 pm

adao.prince wrote:
lalusin.aaron wrote:After reading the presentations, I felt guilty because I may have committed plagiarism because back then I did not properly cite my resources whenever I do research works. Also, I did not realize until now that self-plagiarism existed. I now realize how bad plagiarism is and I will now strive to avoid this heinous crime against intellectual property.

I am like you Aaron.... I have not thought that what am I doing is already wrong...... Surprised

I never thought that you can plagiarize yourself. Doing these things is like killing all the birds in one shot. Neutral I plagiarize myself a lot of times and good thing I learned about these things, or else I would keep doing all these bad things.
avatar
marquez.litzmichaela

Posts : 30
Join date : 2010-06-23
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net

Post  bolaños.jerelyn on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:20 pm

lalusin.aaron wrote:
mercado.patriciaanne wrote:
Flores.Audrey wrote:So, let's not commit crime. Say no to "copy-paste"-ing. lol!

YEAH! Say no to copy-pasting! cheers

I agree, but saying no is not enough. We also have to act on this pressing issue

I agree with Aaron. We should have self discipline in order to lessen this kind of issue.
avatar
bolaños.jerelyn

Posts : 22
Join date : 2010-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net

Post  lalusin.aaron on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:24 pm

[quote="adao.prince"]
dimaandal.roma wrote:
reyes.clarisa wrote:, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." cheers

that's true! Smile I remember what Aaron told me years ago, he said: "Don't you want them to like you because you are you and not because you're someone else?" Learn to be yourself. Don't plagiarize! Smile)

I agree to both of you..... WE should not imitate other people just to impress others... we should learn to be ourselves.... SAY NO TO PLAGIARISM. Neutral

haha. thank you roma for recognizing my effort. that shows how much we have learned about plagiarism and i agree that we really should learn to be ourselves and we should be proud of our own accomplishments

lalusin.aaron

Posts : 32
Join date : 2010-06-23
Age : 23
Location : Lipa City, Batangas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net

Post  lalusin.aaron on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:26 pm

ng.justine wrote:
Niña Keith B. Viterbo wrote: One of these days, if plagiarism worsens, many people especially the victims would suffer!!

This is so true Niña! Victims of plagiarism would really suffer! And we don't want to be one of those victims, don't we? neither do we want to be the cause of other's suffering. So I really think that we should start making a move to stop and change our old ways of plagiarizing other's work, and that move and change will begin in us. cheers

We shoould follow the golden rule which we learned from the Bible "Do unto others what you want them to do unto you"

lalusin.aaron

Posts : 32
Join date : 2010-06-23
Age : 23
Location : Lipa City, Batangas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net

Post  bolaños.jerelyn on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:27 pm

Mojares.Richelle wrote:Avoiding plagiarism could not only give credit to our source, but we could also benefit from it because it could enhance our own knowledge and skills and we could be independent and responsible for ourselves.

I agree with Richelle. Avoiding plagiarism could help us be independent. We should not always rely on the works of others, and most especially, by doing things independently, we could enhance our knowledge and skills.
avatar
bolaños.jerelyn

Posts : 22
Join date : 2010-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Guilty of Plagiarism

Post  adao.prince on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:28 pm

After I have viewed power point presentation, I realized that I was guilty of a Serious Crime against the LAW. Plagiarism. At first, I don't mind in what style I'm using when doing my research. The most common thing that I do is the "cut and paste" method. I felt guilty what I have done. I have claimed others work as if it is my own.

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

So, we must change our acts ...Change for the Better.... Stop stealing.. Stop Plagiarism

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
avatar
adao.prince

Posts : 26
Join date : 2010-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net

Post  marquez.litzmichaela on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:31 pm

adao.prince wrote:

So, we must change our acts ...Change for the Better.... Stop stealing.. Stop Plagiarism


Yes Prince! What you are advocating is absolutely correct. We should start the change to stop plagiarism and the world will become a happier place. Smile
avatar
marquez.litzmichaela

Posts : 30
Join date : 2010-06-23
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net

Post  adao.prince on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:35 pm

bolaños.jerelyn wrote:
Mojares.Richelle wrote:Avoiding plagiarism could not only give credit to our source, but we could also benefit from it because it could enhance our own knowledge and skills and we could be independent and responsible for ourselves.

I agree with Richelle. Avoiding plagiarism could help us be independent. We should not always rely on the works of others, and most especially, by doing things independently, we could enhance our knowledge and skills.

I agree to what you're saying Richelle. Avoiding this kind of act will help us enhance our skills and make us more of a critical thinker..
avatar
adao.prince

Posts : 26
Join date : 2010-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net

Post  adao.prince on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:37 pm

bolaños.jerelyn wrote:
lalusin.aaron wrote:
mercado.patriciaanne wrote:
Flores.Audrey wrote:So, let's not commit crime. Say no to "copy-paste"-ing. lol!

YEAH! Say no to copy-pasting! cheers

I agree, but saying no is not enough. We also have to act on this pressing issue

I agree with Aaron. We should have self discipline in order to lessen this kind of issue.

I agree to all of you. We should not just say No to plagiarism.. we must act to really lessen this "pressing issue" -- [quote]
avatar
adao.prince

Posts : 26
Join date : 2010-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net

Post  lalusin.aaron on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:38 pm

marquez.litzmichaela wrote:
adao.prince wrote:

So, we must change our acts ...Change for the Better.... Stop stealing.. Stop Plagiarism


Yes Prince! What you are advocating is absolutely correct. We should start the change to stop plagiarism and the world will become a happier place. Smile

I agree. We should be the change that our world has been waiting for

lalusin.aaron

Posts : 32
Join date : 2010-06-23
Age : 23
Location : Lipa City, Batangas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net

Post  bolaños.jerelyn on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:44 pm

ng.justine wrote:
Niña Keith B. Viterbo wrote: One of these days, if plagiarism worsens, many people especially the victims would suffer!!

This is so true Niña! Victims of plagiarism would really suffer! And we don't want to be one of those victims, don't we? neither do we want to be the cause of other's suffering. So I really think that we should start making a move to stop and change our old ways of plagiarizing other's work, and that move and change will begin in us. cheers


That's right. In order to advocate "no to plagiarism", it should start first with ourselves.
avatar
bolaños.jerelyn

Posts : 22
Join date : 2010-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net

Post  ng.justine on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:48 pm

mayo.raizza wrote:
we should never take advantage of the search engines that gives us informations. don't forget to write the sources! Smile

You are so right raizza! we must never take advantage of the things around especially if we gain or benefit something from it. Citing or writing our references whenever we get some information from the internet is one way to show that we respect the work of others. It could also be a way to express our gratitude or saying 'thank you' for the help that their work have done for us.
avatar
ng.justine

Posts : 29
Join date : 2010-06-23
Age : 23
Location : Lipa City

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Plagiarism and Wading Through the net

Post  Villanueva.Paoline on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:48 pm

Part of being a graduating student are the assignments, researches and projects. Due to lack of time and mostly laziness, I, most of the time, just do the "copy paste" method, for it saves a lot of time and effort. I admit that I am indeed guilty of plagiarism. Sometimes, I don't even know that what I'm committing is plagiarism already. Well, I learned that I've been so guilty of plagiarism lately ,but now I know that there are lots of ways to avoid committing plagiarism and getting punished for it as well. I also learned that I should really give credit to my sources , for without those, I could not have accomplished the tasks given to me. The presentation also taught me two good things. Those are showing gratitude and being industrious.
avatar
Villanueva.Paoline

Posts : 46
Join date : 2010-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum