Online Forum Discussion for Ms. Maan's Class
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net

+36
ng.justine
reyes.chariemarie
aguila.matheressa
adao.prince
arcega.patricia
reyes.clarisa
fabregas.bianca
favorada.immyfelyss
Mojares.Richelle
cuenca.catherine
libao.danielleann
tablada.sharmaine
ilagan.magillene
mayo.raizza
bautista.aimeedresa
bolaños.jerelyn
Salamanca.Patricia
ty.rishina
dimaandal.roma
mercado.patriciaanne
Flores.Audrey
mangubat.charlesmico
dimaculangan.kerenkristel
Niña Keith B. Viterbo
ortaliza.kevin
lalusin.aaron
dinglasan.joycebelle
sangalang.dianejoy
Villanueva.Paoline
guevarra.mariaquita
hernandez.jaerelle
aldover.meryl
Abrenica.MarkKevin
burog.jomarigabriel
marquez.litzmichaela
Admin
40 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net - Page 3 Empty Re: Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net

Post  mercado.patriciaanne Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:25 am

Flores.Audrey wrote:So, let's not commit crime. Say no to "copy-paste"-ing. lol!

YEAH! Say no to copy-pasting! cheers
mercado.patriciaanne
mercado.patriciaanne

Back to top Go down

Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net - Page 3 Empty Re: Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net

Post  marquez.litzmichaela Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:25 am

dimaandal.roma wrote:After reading the powerpoint presentations, I had a guilty feeling inside me. I reflected for sometime and realized that I AM GUILTY of Plagiarism. It's hard to accept the fact that I am a thief. However, I won't deny it either.

Plagiarism lessens our burdens. Simple copy - paste, print and then bye bye computer, but this kind of work degrades our being because we only depend on the work of others. We can't stand by ourselves! Though one can get high grades by copying good works of others, still, the feeling will be incomplete.

Tell me, can you be happy for a work you didn't do? can you be contented with a project you didn't put any effort on? can you sleep at night when you know that someone worked hard for that project and you're the one who's getting the compliments? Tell me. Smile

It's true roma! I'm also guilty of plagiarism and if I haven't read all about plagiarism in this ppt, I wouldn't have known that what I am accustomed to doing is bad.
marquez.litzmichaela
marquez.litzmichaela

Back to top Go down

Post  burog.jomarigabriel Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:25 am

Niña Keith B. Viterbo wrote:
Flores.Audrey wrote:
aldover.meryl wrote:
hernandez.jaerelle wrote:
Abrenica.MarkKevin wrote:' copy paste '

Other term for plagiarism.

i agree....

We should not make it a habit that whenever we have research works, we seldom cite the sources.

True, that. Sometimes it's also synonymous to "research."

that is only one of the misconceptions about research!!

it is. but that misconception had become a reality nowadays.
burog.jomarigabriel
burog.jomarigabriel

Back to top Go down

Post  Niña Keith B. Viterbo Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:25 am

ortaliza.kevin wrote:
Abrenica.MarkKevin wrote:' copy paste '

Other term for plagiarism.

You are very correct!!
See?

oh. i see..
Niña Keith B. Viterbo
Niña Keith B. Viterbo

Back to top Go down

Post  guevarra.mariaquita Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:26 am

Niña Keith B. Viterbo wrote: PLagiarism is a serious matter!!!

yah. It really is. You can be put behind bars if you will be caught doing plagiarism.
guevarra.mariaquita
guevarra.mariaquita

Back to top Go down

Post  Flores.Audrey Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:26 am

Why do I have a feeling that this was copied from someone else's answer? Laughing Laughing
Flores.Audrey
Flores.Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post  bolaños.jerelyn Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:26 am

My realization after reading the powerpoint about plagiarism is that i'm guilty of it. Whenever we have assignments that involved research, i just "copy-paste" informations from different sites and that's it. That's my assignment. For me, that's the easiest way to accomplish an assignment. Citing sources seldom comes to my mind because of the other assignments and works piled up for us. Instead og thinking these sources, we are bothered by so many assignments that we have to do.

Plagiarism is the common mistake that most students commit. It is also a form of cheating because your getting someone else work. The powerpoint presentation gave tips on how to avoid plagiarism and how to give credit to the owner.

bolaños.jerelyn
bolaños.jerelyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Salamanca.Patricia Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:26 am

After reading the powerpoint presentations regarding Plagiarism, I realized a lot of things.

Yes, indeed, a lot of people are knowledgeable with regards to what plagiarism is. We know that plagiarizing is bad and wrong because it is stealing of others intellectual properties. So, what then is the problem?

The big problem is that people are not aware that what they are doing is already plagiarism. Oftentimes, students like me are given research works in school, and our instincts would tell us to just copy paste the information found in the internet, then we have our assignments ready! Not knowing that what we did is already stealing and is against the existing rules and is punishable by law. Waaaaaa! Who now, then, is confident in saying that he/she never commit plagiarism? I believe that all of us, in one way or another have commit plagiarism.

Now that we are aware of this, we must put an end to this bad thing that we are doing. How? In researching, we must not forget to include the citations in our work. Through putting citations, we give acknowledgement and respect to the person who originally thought of the idea and that we are not saying that we are the owners of thatr intellectual property.

LET US SAY NO TO PLAGIARISM NOW!!!! Very Happy

Salamanca.Patricia
Salamanca.Patricia

Back to top Go down

Post  bautista.aimeedresa Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:26 am

Usually, students do not know that they're committing plagiarism when doing assignments. It's good to know that at least now, we're taught of what it is and how it affects people, especially those whose ideas are stolen. I have already heard of the term when I was younger but didn't actually know what it meant. I didn't realize that I am doing it myself. When doing assignments, i oftentimes copy-paste articles from the net. And now that I've learned about it, I will apply my learnings. From now on, I will always give credit to my source and use my own ideas and words. Hihihihi. :>

bautista.aimeedresa

Back to top Go down

Post  mangubat.charlesmico Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:26 am

Abrenica.MarkKevin wrote:I realized that I always do this plagiarism thing.. I always use articles and documents in the internet for my assignments w/o citing the sources. I not aware that this is a crime .

Now I know! soo I'll do everything to avoid it! Wink

It's good to know that simple things are now being learned by our mayor. And I think if you continue in learning about the different casualties that come in every action, you might be a very successful person.... as well as in writing reports and paperworks (ofcourse, using proper citations) Twisted Evil
mangubat.charlesmico
mangubat.charlesmico

https://www.facebook.com, greenlaboratory.forummotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  lalusin.aaron Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:26 am

Abrenica.MarkKevin wrote:I realized that I always do this plagiarism thing.. I always use articles and documents in the internet for my assignments w/o citing the sources. I not aware that this is a crime .

Now I know! soo I'll do everything to avoid it! Wink

I agree because ignorance of the law is not a good enough reason to break it

lalusin.aaron

Back to top Go down

Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net - Page 3 Empty have you been a fraud?

Post  mayo.raizza Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:27 am

most of our subjects requires research about certain topics. to meet the requirement, all of us would probably go online and search. among us, i'm sure that almost half would just type the keyword, click for websites that explains the topic, highlight the important parts, right click, then select copy, open microsoft word, choose paste, then print. voila! assignment is done. sadly, i am a part of that copy-paste half.

i am guilty of plagiarism. most of the time, whenever i search onli, i copy informations without acknowledging the original author. why? first, i think that it would just be a waste of time, looking for the source then finding a place for it in my "research" work. next, whenever i read works which has sources stated, i just skip it and never bother to read it. most importanly, i am too lazy to re-state informations in my own words. copy-paste is such an easy thing to do and it saves me a lot more time to go to social-networking sites.

but, after reading the power point, i knew that plagiarism have certain consequences. and plagiarism is like stealing, which is against the Lord's commandment.

so, from now all, i would certainly avoid plagiarism. it's not hard to do! all i have to do is state the references or commend the author from which i copied certain things.

i don't want to be a fraud. do you?

let's all avoid plagiarism! Smile
mayo.raizza
mayo.raizza

Back to top Go down

Post  Niña Keith B. Viterbo Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:27 am

marquez.litzmichaela wrote:
dimaandal.roma wrote:After reading the powerpoint presentations, I had a guilty feeling inside me. I reflected for sometime and realized that I AM GUILTY of Plagiarism. It's hard to accept the fact that I am a thief. However, I won't deny it either.

Plagiarism lessens our burdens. Simple copy - paste, print and then bye bye computer, but this kind of work degrades our being because we only depend on the work of others. We can't stand by ourselves! Though one can get high grades by copying good works of others, still, the feeling will be incomplete.

Tell me, can you be happy for a work you didn't do? can you be contented with a project you didn't put any effort on? can you sleep at night when you know that someone worked hard for that project and you're the one who's getting the compliments? Tell me. Smile

It's true roma! I'm also guilty of plagiarism and if I haven't read all about plagiarism in this ppt, I wouldn't have known that what I am accustomed to doing is bad.

for me, Plagiarism is EVIL!! Twisted Evil
Niña Keith B. Viterbo
Niña Keith B. Viterbo

Back to top Go down

Post  ty.rishina Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:27 am

Villanueva.Paoline wrote:
sangalang.dianejoy wrote:
marquez.litzmichaela wrote:After reading the ppt presentation about Plagiarism, I realized that I plagiarize every now and then. Whenever there are assignments to be reasearched, I just do the usual "cut and paste" method especially from sources like Wiki and yahoo! answers.

I can't avoid Plagiarism because of the numerous assignments to be submitted in just a nick of time and with so many things to do, it's very hard to cite the sources from which I got the information because of the so many things I have to do.

I normally just rephrase the answer I got from them then I just print it. Tenen! A research paper in just a snap of a finger. I forget the fact that copying of the answers of some people is called <I>cheating</I>.

I too, had done plagiarism through the assignments most especially the research works. I just copy and paste an information sited in a website, proceed to the another website, then copy and paste again.

I agree. I am guilty of it too because it is very easy to copy and paste information from the internet. After copying, I just print it out and there I have what I call research,but now I know that I've been guilty of plagiarism for so long and now I know that there are lots of ways to avoid committing plagiarism

I agree with the three of you, and because of this awareness, I actually grab a pen ang write those sources because I don't want to end up in court. I'm too young to be sent to jail or hear trial. ((:

Last edited by ty.rishina on Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
ty.rishina
ty.rishina

Back to top Go down

Post  dimaandal.roma Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:27 am

Flores.Audrey wrote:

Why do I have a feeling that this was copied from someone else's answer? Laughing Laughing

i agree, audrey. haha. Niña? Smile)
dimaandal.roma
dimaandal.roma

Back to top Go down

Post  Villanueva.Paoline Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:28 am

lalusin.aaron wrote:After reading the presentations, I felt guilty because I may have committed plagiarism because back then I did not properly cite my resources whenever I do research works. Also, I did not realize until now that self-plagiarism existed. I now realize how bad plagiarism is and I will now strive to avoid this heinous crime against intellectual property. Plagiarism and stealing are not that different from one another and I learned this because of the powerpoint presentation that i viewed. Plagiarism is wide spread mainly because people do not know what plagiarism is and what the negative effects of plagiarism are. Thanks the presentation, I know know how to properly cite my references and I have now joined the fight against the theft of intellectual property because I believe that plagiarism affects not only the people in our immediate vicinity, it also affects thos innocent poeple who have worked hard in order to share their knowledge with the world yet their efforts are not even recognized.

Because of the presentation "Wading through the Net", I have learned a great deal about the different search engines and how to use them. Also, I learned about how to properly search the internet for information and how to discover if the information on a specific website is reliable or not. Because of this, I am now more careful about what I believe is true on the internet. I also learned how to properly cite my references and because of this I will help avoid plagiarism. I also learned how to properly cite an internet resource.

I learned a lot from the two presentations and I now have a greater respect for each and everyone's personal property, be it material or intellectual.

I agree. I also learned that we must always give credit to our sources as a way of thanking them for their ideas.
Villanueva.Paoline
Villanueva.Paoline

Back to top Go down

Post  mayo.raizza Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:27 am

Abrenica.MarkKevin wrote:Plagiarism is immoral because it violates the Natural law. It is like stealing others work for our own good.

Using other's work is okay as long as we ask permission and give credit to their owners

We should be careful in doing the ' copy paste ' move because it is a crime!

Try to believe in our work, say no to plagiarism!

you are right. Smile let's not be criminals. Smile)
mayo.raizza
mayo.raizza

Back to top Go down

Post  burog.jomarigabriel Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:28 am

Abrenica.MarkKevin wrote:
burog.jomarigabriel wrote:

So, research techincally means "the process of Google-ing a subject, clicking Wikipedia, copying, and pasting it top word. Add your name on top, and voila! Research." That is research. I never knew it was plagiarism.

hahaha! we have the same definition.. now we know that it is a crime, let us do everything to avoid it!

yes! fron now on, I, Jomari Burog, promise to do everything to avoid it...

But, isn't it unavoidable? I mean, eventhough that plagiarism is bad, we cannot divorce the fact that citing takes a great deal of time.

This forum is only meaningful if even one, just one student, manage to exercie what he/she learns from this. Therefore, let us do everything to avoid it!
burog.jomarigabriel
burog.jomarigabriel

Back to top Go down

Post  mangubat.charlesmico Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:28 am

Flores.Audrey wrote:

well I guess, Niña here hasn't learned from her lessons... Twisted Evil
mangubat.charlesmico
mangubat.charlesmico

https://www.facebook.com, greenlaboratory.forummotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  aldover.meryl Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:28 am

ty.rishina wrote:
I was lucky to witness that plagiarism exist on earth. ((: For me, it gives people a sense of achievement. Do you wonder how it would feel if your name was included in the list of credentials on a popular study? It gives you a hit of pride, and as a person, having appreciated what you've done would probably be the most wonderful sensation one can get.

aww... i agree with you bes! study study

we should be putting ourselves into their shoes. Think about what if our work was stolen by others? what would we feel? on the other hand, what would we feel if our name was credited by other people?

santa
aldover.meryl
aldover.meryl

Back to top Go down

Post  lalusin.aaron Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:28 am

mercado.patriciaanne wrote:
Flores.Audrey wrote:So, let's not commit crime. Say no to "copy-paste"-ing. lol!

YEAH! Say no to copy-pasting! cheers

I agree, but saying no is not enough. We also have to act on this pressing issue

lalusin.aaron

Back to top Go down

Post  hernandez.jaerelle Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:28 am

mercado.patriciaanne wrote:
I've come to think that a lot of people committed this kind of offense without being aware that they already did it.
That's why people must be educated about citations.If this will be included in the curriculum, the cases of plagiarism will decline.

hernandez.jaerelle

Back to top Go down

Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net - Page 3 Empty Stealing Intelligence

Post  ilagan.magillene Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:28 am

After reading the powerpoint about Plagiarism, I realized that I really didn't know what plagiarism means. Before I thought it was just the cut and past strategy but I discovered that there's more of it. Since we're already seniors, we are bombarded by different paper works and assignments. And honestly, sometimes, the given time is too short for us to produce a paper which only came from us. In short, I'm a little guilty when it comes to plagiarism.
The two man in the prison shown in the presentation made me realized that plagiarism is an act of stealing. I guess, it's more than stealing things because plagiarism is stealing of one's intelligence. Now that I'm fully aware of what plagiarism is. I'll always try my best to avoid such stealing in every possible way.
I also realized that we should give credits to the person who made such idea and never brag it as ours.
We should learn to make and produce our own. It's better to produce something more less than that of others than to brag something which was never really yours.

ilagan.magillene

Back to top Go down

Post  Niña Keith B. Viterbo Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:28 am

i don't want to be a fraud. do you?

let's all avoid plagiarism! Smile[/quote]

after reflections, let us look for the revelations of the future!! clown
Niña Keith B. Viterbo
Niña Keith B. Viterbo

Back to top Go down

Post  libao.danielleann Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:29 am

I realized that I am engaging in plagiarism everytime I copy and paste different information including pictures, graphics and text. I also realized that I should not use other people's work without acknowledging them. I should not own others' work. With what I learned, I knew that I should always include citations and sources in which I got those information from the net and also from books and other written form of media.
libao.danielleann
libao.danielleann

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next