Online Forum Discussion for Ms. Maan's Class
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net

+36
ng.justine
reyes.chariemarie
aguila.matheressa
adao.prince
arcega.patricia
reyes.clarisa
fabregas.bianca
favorada.immyfelyss
Mojares.Richelle
cuenca.catherine
libao.danielleann
tablada.sharmaine
ilagan.magillene
mayo.raizza
bautista.aimeedresa
bolaños.jerelyn
Salamanca.Patricia
ty.rishina
dimaandal.roma
mercado.patriciaanne
Flores.Audrey
mangubat.charlesmico
dimaculangan.kerenkristel
Niña Keith B. Viterbo
ortaliza.kevin
lalusin.aaron
dinglasan.joycebelle
sangalang.dianejoy
Villanueva.Paoline
guevarra.mariaquita
hernandez.jaerelle
aldover.meryl
Abrenica.MarkKevin
burog.jomarigabriel
marquez.litzmichaela
Admin
40 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net - Page 4 Empty Verdict: GUILTY!

Post  tablada.sharmaine Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:29 am

The powerpoint presentation on plagiarism made me realize that I am as guilty as those film pirates because we both STEAL. They steal movies, while I, unknowingly, steal ideas of others. It made me feel bad because I know that I benefited from the hard works of others. It also reminded me to give my gratitude to those who have helped me, though indirectly, by giving citations. Even though giving citations looks boring and unnecessary, the powerpoint presentation taught me that if we will benefit from another person's work, then we must do at least a little bit of work ourselves: by giving citations.

Moreover, the powerpoint presentation entitled Wading through the Net taught me to ask for help from search engines because they were created to help students like us in finding information about our assignments, projects, term papers, and the like. However, we must not rely fully on the search engine to find what we need. We must also do our part by narrowing the search so that searching for the answers to our questions will be faster and easier.

If I am to relate it to my daily life, I would say that this lesson taught me to ask help from others, like my friends, my family, and God, because like a search engine, they will guide me towards the right path my life should take. But I should not just rely fully on them to carry me to my destination, because I should also do my part and ask myself where I would really like to go, so that we could narrow the search to only one. The one where I would be most happy. Lastly, the lesson taught me to be thankful to those who have helped me, so that one day, when I look back, they would still be there. Smile
tablada.sharmaine
tablada.sharmaine

Back to top Go down

Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net - Page 4 Empty Re: Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net

Post  mayo.raizza Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:29 am

Niña Keith B. Viterbo wrote:
marquez.litzmichaela wrote:
dimaandal.roma wrote:After reading the powerpoint presentations, I had a guilty feeling inside me. I reflected for sometime and realized that I AM GUILTY of Plagiarism. It's hard to accept the fact that I am a thief. However, I won't deny it either.

Plagiarism lessens our burdens. Simple copy - paste, print and then bye bye computer, but this kind of work degrades our being because we only depend on the work of others. We can't stand by ourselves! Though one can get high grades by copying good works of others, still, the feeling will be incomplete.

Tell me, can you be happy for a work you didn't do? can you be contented with a project you didn't put any effort on? can you sleep at night when you know that someone worked hard for that project and you're the one who's getting the compliments? Tell me. Smile

It's true roma! I'm also guilty of plagiarism and if I haven't read all about plagiarism in this ppt, I wouldn't have known that what I am accustomed to doing is bad.

for me, Plagiarism is EVIL!! Twisted Evil

for me too, niña! Smile let's all fight evil by avoiding plagiarism! Smile
mayo.raizza
mayo.raizza

Back to top Go down

Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net - Page 4 Empty Re: Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net

Post  Niña Keith B. Viterbo Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:29 am

dimaandal.roma wrote:
Flores.Audrey wrote:
Niña Keith B. Viterbo wrote: PLagiarism is a serious matter!!!

Why do I have a feeling that this was copied from someone else's answer? Laughing Laughing

i agree, audrey. haha. Niña? Smile)

don't you dare!!
Niña Keith B. Viterbo
Niña Keith B. Viterbo

Back to top Go down

Post  mangubat.charlesmico Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:30 am

lalusin.aaron wrote:
Abrenica.MarkKevin wrote:I realized that I always do this plagiarism thing.. I always use articles and documents in the internet for my assignments w/o citing the sources. I not aware that this is a crime .

Now I know! soo I'll do everything to avoid it! Wink

I agree because ignorance of the law is not a good enough reason to break it

yes and lawbreakers are not in position to be with the community.
mangubat.charlesmico
mangubat.charlesmico

https://www.facebook.com, greenlaboratory.forummotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  hernandez.jaerelle Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:30 am

mangubat.charlesmico wrote:
Flores.Audrey wrote:

Why do I have a feeling that this was copied from someone else's answer? Laughing Laughing

well I guess, Niña here hasn't learned from her lessons... Twisted Evil
Best example of plagiarism. Very Happy

hernandez.jaerelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Abrenica.MarkKevin Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:31 am

Abrenica.MarkKevin wrote:I realized that I always do this plagiarism thing.. I always use articles and documents in the internet for my assignments w/o citing the sources. I not aware that this is a crime .

It's good to know that simple things are now being learned by our mayor. And I think if you continue in learning about the different casualties that come in every action, you might be a very successful person.... as well as in writing reports and paperworks (ofcourse, using proper citations) Twisted Evil

Yes! I wish that other students will also realize what I learned.

Abrenica.MarkKevin

Back to top Go down

Post  cuenca.catherine Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:31 am

the ppt. on plagiarism generally gave me the idea on what it is. It made me think of what i've done the past years when teachers would give us something to reasearch on and it was easy. The usual "cut and paste" then you're done. so, as i was viewing the ppt. i was exclaiming at the back of my mind "what?! that's plagiarism?" or something like that and thought that if i knew back then that copying from different sources isn't what research is and that you'd have to cite where you got those to not be considered as 'plagiarizing', then my paper would have been much of a compilation of references than a research, it would just be full of quotation marks.

the ppt. on wading through the net made me know of different types of search engines and how they work. it also taught me how to search the net, i mean "how to make the most of my search" as stated in the ppt. it helped me to know of different ways on how to eliminate most of the informations that i don't need and just focus on the informations that i am looking for.

cuenca.catherine

Back to top Go down

Post  marquez.litzmichaela Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:31 am

dimaandal.roma wrote:
Flores.Audrey wrote:

and that Niña is the best example for plagiarism!! We should not follow the example of Niña. Smile)))
marquez.litzmichaela
marquez.litzmichaela

Back to top Go down

Post  Niña Keith B. Viterbo Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:31 am

mayo.raizza wrote:
dimaandal.roma wrote:After reading the powerpoint presentations, I had a guilty feeling inside me. I reflected for sometime and realized that I AM GUILTY of Plagiarism. It's hard to accept the fact that I am a thief. However, I won't deny it either.

Plagiarism lessens our burdens. Simple copy - paste, print and then bye bye computer, but this kind of work degrades our being because we only depend on the work of others. We can't stand by ourselves! Though one can get high grades by copying good works of others, still, the feeling will be incomplete.

Tell me, can you be happy for a work you didn't do? can you be contented with a project you didn't put any effort on? can you sleep at night when you know that someone worked hard for that project and you're the one who's getting the compliments? Tell me. Smile

It's true roma! I'm also guilty of plagiarism and if I haven't read all about plagiarism in this ppt, I wouldn't have known that what I am accustomed to doing is bad.

for me too, niña! Smile let's all fight evil by avoiding plagiarism! Smile

is plagiarism really EVIL??
i changed my mind PLAGIARISM is US!!
Niña Keith B. Viterbo
Niña Keith B. Viterbo

Back to top Go down

Post  burog.jomarigabriel Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:31 am

mayo.raizza wrote:
i don't want to be a fraud. do you?

who wants to be in the circle 8? Nobody wants to go to hell of course. But, Hell, nowadays, is hard to escape. Its clutches are tight and we seldom see the difference between the good and evil. The battle now is reality vs. idealism.
burog.jomarigabriel
burog.jomarigabriel

Back to top Go down

Post  dimaculangan.kerenkristel Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:31 am

mercado.patriciaanne wrote:
Flores.Audrey wrote:So, let's not commit crime. Say no to "copy-paste"-ing. lol!

YEAH! Say no to copy-pasting! cheers

YEAH! Say no to copy-pasting!
Hey, I didn't copy-paste that one! Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Niña Keith B. Viterbo Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:32 am

dimaandal.roma wrote:
Flores.Audrey wrote:

and that Niña is the best example for plagiarism!! We should not follow the example of Niña. Smile)))

Litz is PLAGIARISM!!
Niña Keith B. Viterbo
Niña Keith B. Viterbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Niña Keith B. Viterbo Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:32 am

dimaandal.roma wrote:
Flores.Audrey wrote:

Litz is PLAGIARISM!!

Katarungan!1
Niña Keith B. Viterbo
Niña Keith B. Viterbo

Back to top Go down

Post  tablada.sharmaine Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:32 am

lalusin.aaron wrote:

I agree because ignorance of the law is not a good enough reason to break it

yes and lawbreakers are not in position to be with the community.

..so we must help them towards the right path, shouldn't we? Razz
tablada.sharmaine
tablada.sharmaine

Back to top Go down

Post  burog.jomarigabriel Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:32 am

quote="dimaandal.roma"]
Flores.Audrey wrote:

i agree, audrey. haha. Niña? Smile)[/quote]

do not follow niña. Very Happy
burog.jomarigabriel
burog.jomarigabriel

Back to top Go down

Post  Flores.Audrey Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:32 am

hernandez.jaerelle wrote:
Flores.Audrey wrote:

well I guess, Niña here hasn't learned from her lessons... Twisted Evil
Best example of plagiarism. Very Happy

Well, I think she knows now how plagiarism works. Don't you, Niña? Very Happy
Flores.Audrey
Flores.Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post  aldover.meryl Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:32 am

Abrenica.MarkKevin wrote:
burog.jomarigabriel wrote:

So, research techincally means "the process of Google-ing a subject, clicking Wikipedia, copying, and pasting it top word. Add your name on top, and voila! Research." That is research. I never knew it was plagiarism.

hahaha! we have the same definition.. now we know that it is a crime, let us do everything to avoid it!

good.. let's be one with the others and avoid plagiarism....
it's never too late to change
aldover.meryl
aldover.meryl

Back to top Go down

Post  mangubat.charlesmico Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:32 am

hernandez.jaerelle wrote:
mercado.patriciaanne wrote:
I've come to think that a lot of people committed this kind of offense without being aware that they already did it.
That's why people must be educated about citations.If this will be included in the curriculum, the cases of plagiarism will decline.

Then computer time will be 4 hours a week!!! so we'll be like, until 5pm every wednesday. ^^, NICE ONE JAERELLE, SO HELPFUL!!! GRABEE!! Neutral
mangubat.charlesmico
mangubat.charlesmico

https://www.facebook.com, greenlaboratory.forummotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  ty.rishina Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:32 am

bolaños.jerelyn wrote:My realization after reading the powerpoint about plagiarism is that i'm guilty of it. Whenever we have assignments that involved research, i just "copy-paste" informations from different sites and that's it. That's my assignment. For me, that's the easiest way to accomplish an assignment.

Yea. I agree with you, Len. We always strive for things to make OUR life better. What about others?
ty.rishina
ty.rishina

Back to top Go down

Post  marquez.litzmichaela Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:33 am

dimaandal.roma wrote:
Flores.Audrey wrote:

Litz is PLAGIARISM!!

WOOO Niña. Smile)
marquez.litzmichaela
marquez.litzmichaela

Back to top Go down

Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net - Page 4 Empty Plagiarism indeed!

Post  Mojares.Richelle Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:33 am

In reading the powerpoint presentation about plagarism and wading through the net, I have realized that I am guilty of plagiarism. In doing researches and assignments, I usually just copy and paste whatever I saw in the net and sometimes paraphrase it with my own words without giving credit to the source. Though we are not aware of it, it is a form of cheating. Cheating in a sense that we are stealing and using other's work for our own purpose and goal.

Now that we know that this practice is bad, we must make sure to avoid doing it. Some of the ways to avoid it are: by using our own words and ideas in doing our assignments and researches and by citing the source where we got the information.

Avoiding plagiarism could not only give credit to our source, but we could also benefit from it because it could enhance our own knowledge and skills and we could be independent and responsible for ourselves.
Mojares.Richelle
Mojares.Richelle

Back to top Go down

Post  ortaliza.kevin Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:33 am

Salamanca.Patricia wrote:After reading the powerpoint presentations regarding Plagiarism, I realized a lot of things.

Yes, indeed, a lot of people are knowledgeable with regards to what plagiarism is. We know that plagiarizing is bad and wrong because it is stealing of others intellectual properties. So, what then is the problem?

The big problem is that people are not aware that what they are doing is already plagiarism. Oftentimes, students like me are given research works in school, and our instincts would tell us to just copy paste the information found in the internet, then we have our assignments ready! Not knowing that what we did is already stealing and is against the existing rules and is punishable by law. Waaaaaa! Who now, then, is confident in saying that he/she never commit plagiarism? I believe that all of us, in one way or another have commit plagiarism.

Now that we are aware of this, we must put an end to this bad thing that we are doing. How? In researching, we must not forget to include the citations in our work. Through putting citations, we give acknowledgement and respect to the person who originally thought of the idea and that we are not saying that we are the owners of thatr intellectual property.

LET US SAY NO TO PLAGIARISM NOW!!!! Very Happy

Wow!! This is like plagiarized from my reply.. Just Kidding!!...I totally agree! We must put an end to this bad thing. How can we end this? It's easy! Just cite the source! that's it

ortaliza.kevin

Back to top Go down

Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net - Page 4 Empty Thieves or not so much?

Post  favorada.immyfelyss Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:33 am

ORIGINALITY.

seems like a simple term, but when it comes to applying it to our everyday lives, who knows how simple or complex that simple word can be. as a journalist, it is a major sin for us to plagiarize, but as a student, i guess, it is normal for us to do that. in assignments, research works and the like, we always do the copy and paste thing to make our work better and easier. it's human nature, i guess, but don't you think it seems so unfair to the author of the article you just copied?

Plagiarism as described in the powerpoint is using another’s work without giving them credit and saying that it is your own. it's theft to the highest form 'cause it's not just the material things that you take from someone--it is their ideas and views that no one else in this world could ever have.

no two persons can have exactly the same idea, not even twins, so if you think plagiarizing doesn't hurt, why don't you try to put yourself to the author's shoes.

in the kind of world we have today, wading the net is like a habit 'cause anywhere we take ourselves to, we'd always have something to search the internet for. that's why i really do appreciate having search engines which could help me make my research works easier, and could help me save myself from tons of stress and the like. wading the net is a great thing we all are benefitting from, but keep in mind that nothing in this world can make us happy and complete if we know that it's not really ours to take.
favorada.immyfelyss
favorada.immyfelyss

Back to top Go down

Post  guevarra.mariaquita Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:33 am

Admitting one's fault is a very hard thing to do. Yet, once you admit it, you can feel the burden on your shoulders slowly lifting, getting lighter and lighter. Smile
guevarra.mariaquita
guevarra.mariaquita

Back to top Go down

Post  fabregas.bianca Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:33 am

After reading the powerpoint about Plagiarism and Wading through the Net, I realized different points.

Plagiarism is a thing that most students do in doing their assignments. Students often search through the Internet without citing the sources from which they got the information. They often cut and paste the information they saw without even bothering to change the format.

In order to solve this problem, students must be taught on how to cite their sources. Through citations a person will not be accused of plagiarizing someone's work. Also, we must learn to give credit to the source where we get bits of information. We must also learn to avoid copying and pasting because it's like stealing; and stealing is a CRIME. XD

fabregas.bianca
fabregas.bianca

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next