Online Forum Discussion for Ms. Maan's Class
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net

+36
ng.justine
reyes.chariemarie
aguila.matheressa
adao.prince
arcega.patricia
reyes.clarisa
fabregas.bianca
favorada.immyfelyss
Mojares.Richelle
cuenca.catherine
libao.danielleann
tablada.sharmaine
ilagan.magillene
mayo.raizza
bautista.aimeedresa
bolaños.jerelyn
Salamanca.Patricia
ty.rishina
dimaandal.roma
mercado.patriciaanne
Flores.Audrey
mangubat.charlesmico
dimaculangan.kerenkristel
Niña Keith B. Viterbo
ortaliza.kevin
lalusin.aaron
dinglasan.joycebelle
sangalang.dianejoy
Villanueva.Paoline
guevarra.mariaquita
hernandez.jaerelle
aldover.meryl
Abrenica.MarkKevin
burog.jomarigabriel
marquez.litzmichaela
Admin
40 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net - Page 7 Empty Re: Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net

Post  bolaños.jerelyn Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:50 pm

[quote="lalusin.aaron"]
adao.prince wrote:
dimaandal.roma wrote:
reyes.clarisa wrote:, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." cheers

that's true! Smile I remember what Aaron told me years ago, he said: "Don't you want them to like you because you are you and not because you're someone else?" Learn to be yourself. Don't plagiarize! Smile)

I agree to both of you..... WE should not imitate other people just to impress others... we should learn to be ourselves.... SAY NO TO PLAGIARISM. Neutral

haha. thank you roma for recognizing my effort. that shows how much we have learned about plagiarism and i agree that we really should learn to be ourselves and we should be proud of our own accomplishments

I agree. We should let others see who we truly are and not deceive them from who we wanted to be.
bolaños.jerelyn
bolaños.jerelyn

Back to top Go down

Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net - Page 7 Empty Re: Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net

Post  Villanueva.Paoline Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:54 pm

ng.justine wrote:
Most of the time when we have a lot of assignments and research to do we tend to search for the answers in the net or in a book and copy it directly and in just a snap we already have our assignment ready for submission. But do you know that this habit of ours is a serious crime that we must start changing now before it worsens? Plagiarism or copying the work of others for our own use is an act that one must not tolerate. Copying the work of others means stealing their ideas, the ideas that they spent a lot of time thinking and improving, ideas in which they exerted a lot of effort. Don’t you think that it is unfair for them if we just steal their work without any effort exerted, and without even their knowledge that their work was already used for others profit? We all know that getting a little help from the many resources around us isn’t bad, but would it hurt us to take time to cite our references and give credit to the work of others from which we also gain? Think about it. Stop Plagiarism. cheers

yeah. I agree that we should start changing now. I also agree that copying is indeed a crime. I would also like to add what mam malu said: "a research is an original work". It is not bad to get some information and ideas from the internet and books and other references, but we should really take time and exert effort in giving credit to their works. Our ideas might be a lot better ,but without their works, we could not have thought of ours.
Villanueva.Paoline
Villanueva.Paoline

Back to top Go down

Post  aldover.meryl Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:54 pm

hernandez.jaerelle wrote:
Niña Keith B. Viterbo wrote:
ortaliza.kevin wrote:
Abrenica.MarkKevin wrote:' copy paste '

Other term for plagiarism.

You are very correct!!
See?

oh. i see..
Plagiarism is the easiest crime of all. Just high-light on some words, right click and select copy.

lol! lol! lol!

We should not get used to this... even though it's easy... sometimes ignored... once you're caught... YOU'RE DEAD!
aldover.meryl
aldover.meryl

Back to top Go down

Post  rosuman.edzel Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:54 pm

Most of us think that assignments regarding researching for a particular subject or subjects will just be an easy task. Copy there. Paste here. Copy there. Paste here. A little edit, and the name and section at the top. A research.

After viewing the power point presentation, I realized that almost all of us are criminals. Criminals in a way we don't even notice. Plagiarism. Maybe, some of us don't look at it as a serious thing. Maybe, some of us say, "It's JUST plagiarism, who cares"? Plagiarism is stealing; stealing somebody's idea. For me, stealing someone's intellect is way worse than stealing material things. Using somebody's work or idea is not bad. It's just like borrowing. We just need proper arrangements, recognitions, acknowledgments, and citations.
rosuman.edzel
rosuman.edzel

Back to top Go down

Post  rosuman.edzel Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:57 pm

Another term for STEALING.
rosuman.edzel
rosuman.edzel

Back to top Go down

Post  ng.justine Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:59 pm

mercado.patriciaanne wrote:
I've come to think that a lot of people committed this kind of offense without being aware that they already did it.
That's why people must be educated about citations.If this will be included in the curriculum, the cases of plagiarism will decline.

I totally agree with what both pat and jaerelle said. Most of us commit plagiarism because we are unaware of what and how serious plagiarism really is. I think jaerelle's idea of educating young minds to the reality of plagiarism would really lessen the number of cases related to it.
ng.justine
ng.justine

Back to top Go down

Post  ng.justine Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:01 pm

ty.rishina wrote:
The world today is a patchwork of "copy and paste". It's like a never-ending cycle, and sometimes it feels so sickening to witness the same thing all over again because the same ideas circled around your head and everyones else's.

I know shina! It's really frustrating to see how more and more people nowadays don't have what we call ORIGINALITY. Because of the recycling ideas, people don't look forward anymore to seeing or experiencing something NEW and EXCITING and something really WORTH OF THEIR TIME.
ng.justine
ng.justine

Back to top Go down

Post  rosuman.edzel Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:01 pm

aldover.meryl wrote:
dinglasan.joycebelle wrote:
hernandez.jaerelle wrote:Plagiarism is a mortal sin.

I totally agree Smile

ayieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee XD

Plagiarism is a serious matter. Very Happy

Very correct.
rosuman.edzel
rosuman.edzel

Back to top Go down

Post  hernandez.jaerelle Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:01 pm

rosuman.edzel wrote:

Another term for STEALING.
Can be. Not bad.

Last edited by hernandez.jaerelle on Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

hernandez.jaerelle

Back to top Go down

Post  rosuman.edzel Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:02 pm

Niña Keith B. Viterbo wrote: PLagiarism is a serious matter!!!

Of course. Thumbs up!
rosuman.edzel
rosuman.edzel

Back to top Go down

Post  ng.justine Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:06 pm

rosuman.edzel wrote:For me, stealing someone's intellect is way worse than stealing material things.

You are right Edzel! stealing other's work of intellect is worse than stealing their material possessions because something that is a product of our hard work, effort, time, and intellect is priceless that nobody can buy and replace in any other way.

ng.justine
ng.justine

Back to top Go down

Post  rosuman.edzel Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:06 pm

marquez.litzmichaela wrote:
dimaandal.roma wrote:After reading the powerpoint presentations, I had a guilty feeling inside me. I reflected for sometime and realized that I AM GUILTY of Plagiarism. It's hard to accept the fact that I am a thief. However, I won't deny it either.

Plagiarism lessens our burdens. Simple copy - paste, print and then bye bye computer, but this kind of work degrades our being because we only depend on the work of others. We can't stand by ourselves! Though one can get high grades by copying good works of others, still, the feeling will be incomplete.

Tell me, can you be happy for a work you didn't do? can you be contented with a project you didn't put any effort on? can you sleep at night when you know that someone worked hard for that project and you're the one who's getting the compliments? Tell me. Smile

It's true roma! I'm also guilty of plagiarism and if I haven't read all about plagiarism in this ppt, I wouldn't have known that what I am accustomed to doing is bad.

for me, Plagiarism is EVIL!! Twisted Evil

That's right. Because plagiarism is a sin, therefore it is evil.
rosuman.edzel
rosuman.edzel

Back to top Go down

Post  favorada.immyfelyss Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:08 pm

dimaandal.roma wrote:After reading the powerpoint presentations, I had a guilty feeling inside me. I reflected for sometime and realized that I AM GUILTY of Plagiarism. It's hard to accept the fact that I am a thief. However, I won't deny it either.

well. i guess we all are guilty of this crime.. it's just up to us to do something about it.
favorada.immyfelyss
favorada.immyfelyss

Back to top Go down

Post  Villanueva.Paoline Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:12 pm

rosuman.edzel wrote:Most of us think that assignments regarding researching for a particular subject or subjects will just be an easy task. Copy there. Paste here. Copy there. Paste here. A little edit, and the name and section at the top. A research.

After viewing the power point presentation, I realized that almost all of us are criminals. Criminals in a way we don't even notice. Plagiarism. Maybe, some of us don't look at it as a serious thing. Maybe, some of us say, "It's JUST plagiarism, who cares"? Plagiarism is stealing; stealing somebody's idea. For me, stealing someone's intellect is way worse than stealing material things. Using somebody's work or idea is not bad. It's just like borrowing. We just need proper arrangements, recognitions, acknowledgments, and citations.

I agree. Most if not all of us are guilty of plagiarism. All these years, I thought that the copy paste method is just alright. I mean, I still did some researching and I exerted some efforts too. Well, now I know that what I've been doing is a product of laziness. Moreover, I don't give credit to my sources. Now, I know that I should thank them by simply citing my sources. I mean, it is not that hard. A simple citation could show how thankful I am and it could also save me from getting punished.
Villanueva.Paoline
Villanueva.Paoline

Back to top Go down

Post  favorada.immyfelyss Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:13 pm

reyes.clarisa wrote:
As actress and singer Judy Garland says, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else." cheers

it's sooo true ate. what would you get from being someone else's shadow, right?
favorada.immyfelyss
favorada.immyfelyss

Back to top Go down

Post  rosuman.edzel Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:13 pm

burog.jomarigabriel wrote:
mangubat.charlesmico wrote:
mercado.patriciaanne wrote:
I've come to think that a lot of people committed this kind of offense without being aware that they already did it.
That's why people must be educated about citations.If this will be included in the curriculum, the cases of plagiarism will decline.

Then computer time will be 4 hours a week!!! so we'll be like, until 5pm every wednesday. ^^, NICE ONE JAERELLE, SO HELPFUL!!! GRABEE!! Neutral

adding that topic to the curriculum isn't practical. As a responsible student, we should exercise our own conscience to this kind of topic.

I totally agree. We don't need teachers or an hour of class to learn avoiding plagiarism. We just need our conscience and initiative.
rosuman.edzel
rosuman.edzel

Back to top Go down

Post  Villanueva.Paoline Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:14 pm

guevarra.mariaquita wrote:
Abrenica.MarkKevin wrote:Plagiarism is immoral because it violates the Natural law. It is like stealing others work for our own good.
Try to believe in our work, say no to plagiarism!

Wow. It's nice to hear those words from you, MK. Wink

I agree. We should believe in our skills and talents and believe that we can do it by ourselves. SAY NO TO COPYING. SAY NO TO PLAGIARISM.

By just citing one's sources, one can avoid plagiarism. It's not hard, so let's do it.
Villanueva.Paoline
Villanueva.Paoline

Back to top Go down

Post  reyes.chariemarie Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:14 pm

I can't avoid Plagiarism because of the numerous assignments to be submitted in just a nick of time and with so many things to do, it's very hard to cite the sources from which I got the information because of the so many things I have to do.

I agree Litz! Everyday, we are given a lot of assignments so whenever we were asked to research, we just copy and paste, tending to forget to give credit to the person who have given us the information we needed.
reyes.chariemarie
reyes.chariemarie

Back to top Go down

Post  rosuman.edzel Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:15 pm

ortaliza.kevin wrote:

You are very correct!!
See?

oh. i see..
Plagiarism is the easiest crime of all. Just high-light on some words, right click and select copy.

...paste, and print. Easy crime.
rosuman.edzel
rosuman.edzel

Back to top Go down

Post  Villanueva.Paoline Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:16 pm

favorada.immyfelyss wrote:

well. i guess we all are guilty of this crime.. it's just up to us to do something about it.

I admit it too. Yeah, we should really do something about it. It's never too late to change. Let us train ourselves by using our own ideas and by giving credit to the works that helped us accomplish our tasks.
Villanueva.Paoline
Villanueva.Paoline

Back to top Go down

Post  Villanueva.Paoline Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:18 pm

ng.justine wrote:
Niña Keith B. Viterbo wrote: One of these days, if plagiarism worsens, many people especially the victims would suffer!!

This is so true Niña! Victims of plagiarism would really suffer! And we don't want to be one of those victims, don't we? neither do we want to be the cause of other's suffering. So I really think that we should start making a move to stop and change our old ways of plagiarizing other's work, and that move and change will begin in us. cheers

yeah. I don't want to suffer as well. agreed! let us avoid plagiarism!
Villanueva.Paoline
Villanueva.Paoline

Back to top Go down

Post  ng.justine Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:19 pm

Flores.Audrey wrote:
lalusin.aaron wrote:I will now strive to avoid this heinous crime against intellectual property.

That's right, Aaron. Be a role model to others. Stop plagiarizing. Very Happy Very Happy

I agree with you guys! Let the change start in ourselves, let us be a good role model for others to follow! Say no to Plagiarism! cheers
ng.justine
ng.justine

Back to top Go down

Post  aguila.matheressa Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:19 pm

rosuman.edzel wrote:

Plagiarism lessens our burdens. Simple copy - paste, print and then bye bye computer, but this kind of work degrades our being because we only depend on the work of others. We can't stand by ourselves! Though one can get high grades by copying good works of others, still, the feeling will be incomplete.

Tell me, can you be happy for a work you didn't do? can you be contented with a project you didn't put any effort on? can you sleep at night when you know that someone worked hard for that project and you're the one who's getting the compliments? Tell me. Smile

It's true roma! I'm also guilty of plagiarism and if I haven't read all about plagiarism in this ppt, I wouldn't have known that what I am accustomed to doing is bad.

for me, Plagiarism is EVIL!! Twisted Evil

That's right. Because plagiarism is a sin, therefore it is evil.

Plagiarism is illegal in the eyes of man. A more important note, it is immoral in the eyes of GOD. As humans, we should stay away from this 'EVIIIIL' thing so as to save ourselves from being one evil also.
aguila.matheressa
aguila.matheressa

Back to top Go down

Post  hernandez.jaerelle Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:20 pm

Abrenica.MarkKevin wrote:

say no to plagiarism!
Try to believe in our own work, say no to plagiarism!

hernandez.jaerelle

Back to top Go down

Post  reyes.chariemarie Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:20 pm

sangalang.dianejoy wrote:
Assignments, Research works, what else?

When a teacher gives an assignment to be researched in the internet, most students like me, just do the copy and paste method. I am so happy that I am able to save much time than constructing my own opinion, known information, in a paragraph.

This is so true Diane! I am also guilty of plagiarism especially when we are given a lot of assignments since it only takes us a second in copying and pasting the given .
reyes.chariemarie
reyes.chariemarie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next