Online Forum Discussion for Ms. Maan's Class
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net

+36
ng.justine
reyes.chariemarie
aguila.matheressa
adao.prince
arcega.patricia
reyes.clarisa
fabregas.bianca
favorada.immyfelyss
Mojares.Richelle
cuenca.catherine
libao.danielleann
tablada.sharmaine
ilagan.magillene
mayo.raizza
bautista.aimeedresa
bolaños.jerelyn
Salamanca.Patricia
ty.rishina
dimaandal.roma
mercado.patriciaanne
Flores.Audrey
mangubat.charlesmico
dimaculangan.kerenkristel
Niña Keith B. Viterbo
ortaliza.kevin
lalusin.aaron
dinglasan.joycebelle
sangalang.dianejoy
Villanueva.Paoline
guevarra.mariaquita
hernandez.jaerelle
aldover.meryl
Abrenica.MarkKevin
burog.jomarigabriel
marquez.litzmichaela
Admin
40 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net - Page 2 Empty You'll NEVER LEARN..

Post  sangalang.dianejoy Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:18 am

Assignments, Research works, what else?

When a teacher gives an assignment to be researched in the internet, most students like me, just do the copy and paste method. I am so happy that I am able to save much time than constructing my own opinion, known information, in a paragraph.

By reading the powerpoint presentation about Plagiarism, I realized that I was wrong. In doing the copy and paste method, I do the plagiarism and was not able to understand the lesson well. I realized that it will make me spend much time in school in understanding the lesson and the teacher's lecture.
sangalang.dianejoy
sangalang.dianejoy

Back to top Go down

Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net - Page 2 Empty Plagiarism: An overview:))

Post  Niña Keith B. Viterbo Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:18 am

The powerpoint presentation made me realize the true meaning of Plagiarism. Now adays, although we are not 100% aware, many people used to plagiarize works of other people. As we yield onto the new technologies we have now, we are also in the mood of discovering new things that later on, will lead us to some disadvantages.

As matter of fact, a while ago, I dicovered that somebody uses my name in Facebook. I was really frustrated because I felt very insulted. That's why, for me plagiarism is really not that good unless you have the legal concern of copying other's personal properties. Well, it is very obvious that people commit this kind of ILLEGAL thing maybe because they don't have enough knowledge about plagiarism. If I were be asked about this matter, I might say that this kind of fault should be handle seriously. One of these days, if plagiarism worsens, many people especially the victims would suffer!!
Niña Keith B. Viterbo
Niña Keith B. Viterbo

Back to top Go down

Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net - Page 2 Empty Re: Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net

Post  Abrenica.MarkKevin Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:18 am

I realized that I always do this plagiarism thing.. I always use articles and documents in the internet for my assignments w/o citing the sources. I not aware that this is a crime .

Now I know! soo I'll do everything to avoid it! Wink

Abrenica.MarkKevin

Back to top Go down

Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net - Page 2 Empty Re: Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net

Post  ortaliza.kevin Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:18 am

hernandez.jaerelle wrote:
Abrenica.MarkKevin wrote:' copy paste '

Other term for plagiarism.

You are very correct!!

ortaliza.kevin

Back to top Go down

Post  dimaculangan.kerenkristel Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:19 am

After reading the powerpoint about conducting research on the internet, I realized that internet is really advantageous in our world today. In just an instant, one will be provided with what he/she is looking for. I also knew that there are a lot of search engines that can provide us with the information that we need.

Plagiarism, on the other hand, means using another’s work, and saying that it is your own. Ways on how to avoid plagiarism are cited on the powerpoint presentation. It is important to know these points because negative things might happen as a result of copying another's work without giving credit to him/her. It is also important to always cite one's sources and references.

Back to top Go down

Post  Niña Keith B. Viterbo Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:19 am

I normally just rephrase the answer I got from them then I just print it. Tenen! A research paper in just a snap of a finger. I forget the fact that copying of the answers of some people is called <I>cheating</I>.

bad for you litz:)))

Niña Keith B. Viterbo
Niña Keith B. Viterbo

Back to top Go down

Post  hernandez.jaerelle Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:19 am

aldover.meryl wrote:
dinglasan.joycebelle wrote:
hernandez.jaerelle wrote:Plagiarism is a mortal sin.

I totally agree Smile

ayieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee XD

Plagiarism is a serious matter. Very Happy

hernandez.jaerelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Niña Keith B. Viterbo Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:20 am

aldover.meryl wrote:

I totally agree Smile

ayieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee XD

Plagiarism is a serious matter. Very Happy

two thumbs up!! [/quote]

Last edited by Niña Keith B. Viterbo on Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Niña Keith B. Viterbo
Niña Keith B. Viterbo

Back to top Go down

Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net - Page 2 Empty DISCOVERED WONDER.

Post  mangubat.charlesmico Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:20 am

Such facts that were presented thru the powerpoint presentation was incredibly eye-opening. I never thought that plagiarism could vary and scope a lot which at times I thought was legal or valid. It also served to me as a warning that my actions should be at all times, wise and careful. Such mistake could lead me no less than what is stated in law or by court. And if I am not careful enough in quoting statements from the world-wide sources, like books, magazines, internet and even my own parent's works, I could be counted as a prisoner tangled in the depths of shame. It is hard to notice what mistake we cause others. Before, I never knew that a simple statement that I failed to quote and properly acknowledged, could be a very hard and concrete evidence of plagiarism, that would eventually lead to punishment, by law or by conscience.

Second, after reading "wading through the net", a powerpoint presentation of Ms.Maan, I realized a lot of techniques that i could use to narrow down my search of various topics at hand. I never imagined that Yahoo! and Google were different from how they organize and show different results of a search. I thought probably that Yahoo! was the best search engine around since it is a large corporation and more importantly, a trusted one. But I guess there is a lot more reason to observe and analyze first, in different perspective, the different search engines that abound the net, so that I could get the exact thing I am searching for in the internet.
mangubat.charlesmico
mangubat.charlesmico

https://www.facebook.com, greenlaboratory.forummotion.net

Back to top Go down

Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net - Page 2 Empty Plagiarism:

Post  Flores.Audrey Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:20 am

It's very unnerving to find out that I've been guilty of plagiarizing without even knowing it.

Okay, okay. I know I copy-and-paste very often, and I know that it's plagiarizing (especially when I don't cite sources), but I didn't know that using my own work without even acknowledging it is plagiarizing!

I know we're all guilty of plagiarism. Let's admit it: for us, the new definition of research is "copy-paste." Very Happy As much as we don't want it to be, it's wrong. There's even a law (I'm not sure what it's called) that says plagiarism in journalism is illegal.

So, let's not commit crime. Say no to "copy-paste"-ing. lol!
Flores.Audrey
Flores.Audrey

Back to top Go down

Post  sangalang.dianejoy Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:21 am

aldover.meryl wrote:

I totally agree Smile

ayieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee XD

It can be a form of stealing because you get the information or opinion shared or expressed by a person.
sangalang.dianejoy
sangalang.dianejoy

Back to top Go down

Post  mercado.patriciaanne Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:21 am

After studying the powerpoint presentation about plagiarism, I've learned that it is an immoral act done by many. I've come to think that a lot of people committed this kind of offense without being aware that they already did it. I can also say that I am guilty of plagiarism. Sometimes when a teacher asks me to research about a certain topic, I use the copy-paste method, and I would seldom have the responsibility of including the source in my research. In the powerpoint presentation about wading, I've learned a lot of techniques in researching, like how to get accurate results and information using a search engine website and how to properly cite internet resources. Indeed, these two topics gave me a lot of information that would help me in my daily life.
mercado.patriciaanne
mercado.patriciaanne

Back to top Go down

Post  marquez.litzmichaela Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:21 am

Niña Keith B. Viterbo wrote:

As matter of fact, a while ago, I dicovered that somebody uses my name in Facebook. I was really frustrated because I felt very insulted. That's why, for me plagiarism is really not that good unless you have the legal concern of copying other's personal properties. Well, it is very obvious that people commit this kind of ILLEGAL thing maybe because they don't have enough knowledge about plagiarism. If I were be asked about this matter, I might say that this kind of fault should be handle seriously. One of these days, if plagiarism worsens, many people especially the victims would suffer!!

awww. bad for you niña. Lesson learned. Razz
marquez.litzmichaela
marquez.litzmichaela

Back to top Go down

Post  Niña Keith B. Viterbo Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:22 am

PLagiarism is a serious matter!!!
Niña Keith B. Viterbo
Niña Keith B. Viterbo

Back to top Go down

Post  dinglasan.joycebelle Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:22 am

marquez.litzmichaela wrote:After reading the ppt presentation about Plagiarism, I realized that I plagiarize every now and then. Whenever there are assignments to be reasearched, I just do the usual "cut and paste" method especially from sources like Wiki and yahoo! answers.

I can't avoid Plagiarism because of the numerous assignments to be submitted in just a nick of time and with so many things to do, it's very hard to cite the sources from which I got the information because of the so many things I have to do.

I normally just rephrase the answer I got from them then I just print it. Tenen! A research paper in just a snap of a finger. I forget the fact that copying of the answers of some people is called cheating.

Yeah, I totally agree with you, Litz. I'm also guilty of plagiarism especially in doing school works. Copy, paste. Copy, paste. I had actually made it a routine in doing assignments and research works. But then now I realized we must avoid committing plagiarism because as what you said, plagiarism is also cheating.
dinglasan.joycebelle
dinglasan.joycebelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Flores.Audrey Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:22 am

aldover.meryl wrote:

i agree....

We should not make it a habit that whenever we have research works, we seldom cite the sources.

True, that. Sometimes it's also synonymous to "research."
Flores.Audrey
Flores.Audrey

Back to top Go down

Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net - Page 2 Empty Guilty.

Post  dimaandal.roma Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:23 am

After reading the powerpoint presentations, I had a guilty feeling inside me. I reflected for sometime and realized that I AM GUILTY of Plagiarism. It's hard to accept the fact that I am a thief. However, I won't deny it either.

Plagiarism lessens our burdens. Simple copy - paste, print and then bye bye computer, but this kind of work degrades our being because we only depend on the work of others. We can't stand by ourselves! Though one can get high grades by copying good works of others, still, the feeling will be incomplete.

Tell me, can you be happy for a work you didn't do? can you be contented with a project you didn't put any effort on? can you sleep at night when you know that someone worked hard for that project and you're the one who's getting the compliments? Tell me. Smile
dimaandal.roma
dimaandal.roma

Back to top Go down

Post  Niña Keith B. Viterbo Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:23 am

marquez.litzmichaela wrote:
Niña Keith B. Viterbo wrote:

awww. bad for you niña. Lesson learned. Razz

yah.. I learned from my lesson.. Never pose for a picture? LOL
Niña Keith B. Viterbo
Niña Keith B. Viterbo

Back to top Go down

Post  hernandez.jaerelle Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:23 am

ortaliza.kevin wrote:

You are very correct!!
See?

hernandez.jaerelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Niña Keith B. Viterbo Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:24 am

Flores.Audrey wrote:
aldover.meryl wrote:

i agree....

We should not make it a habit that whenever we have research works, we seldom cite the sources.

that is only one of the misconceptions about research!!
Niña Keith B. Viterbo
Niña Keith B. Viterbo

Back to top Go down

Post  burog.jomarigabriel Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:25 am

Flores.Audrey wrote:
aldover.meryl wrote:

i agree....

double like. plagiarism=copy+paste=research. therefore plagiarism=research. plagiarism=stealing. stealing=sin agaionst the Divine Law. therefore... research= sin against the divine law! Shocked
burog.jomarigabriel
burog.jomarigabriel

Back to top Go down

Plagiarism and Wading Through the Net - Page 2 Empty Copycat.

Post  ty.rishina Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:24 am

The world today is a patchwork of "copy and paste". It's like a never-ending cycle, and sometimes it feels so sickening to witness the same thing all over again because the same ideas circled around your head and everyones else's.

I was lucky to witness that plagiarism exist on earth. ((: For me, it gives people a sense of achievement. Do you wonder how it would feel if your name was included in the list of credentials on a popular study? It gives you a hit of pride, and as a person, having appreciated what you've done would probably be the most wonderful sensation one can get.

I have known the word plagiarism for years, but I haven't got any clue of what it means. This word buzz around the internet, and sometimes during those seminar workshops I have attended. When this word was discussed during those seminar workshops, I don't know why but it always interrupts my thoughts when I am daydreaming of me, being "someday-in-my-life-I-would-be-a-photojournalist" in the middle of a session. Neutral *and that's why I never understood what it meant.

But, as time went on, I lived the word plagiarism, and I wish I could live it longer.
ty.rishina
ty.rishina

Back to top Go down

Post  Villanueva.Paoline Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:25 am

sangalang.dianejoy wrote:
marquez.litzmichaela wrote:After reading the ppt presentation about Plagiarism, I realized that I plagiarize every now and then. Whenever there are assignments to be reasearched, I just do the usual "cut and paste" method especially from sources like Wiki and yahoo! answers.

I can't avoid Plagiarism because of the numerous assignments to be submitted in just a nick of time and with so many things to do, it's very hard to cite the sources from which I got the information because of the so many things I have to do.

I normally just rephrase the answer I got from them then I just print it. Tenen! A research paper in just a snap of a finger. I forget the fact that copying of the answers of some people is called <I>cheating</I>.

I too, had done plagiarism through the assignments most especially the research works. I just copy and paste an information sited in a website, proceed to the another website, then copy and paste again.

I agree. I am guilty of it too because it is very easy to copy and paste information from the internet. After copying, I just print it out and there I have what I call research,but now I know that I've been guilty of plagiarism for so long and now I know that there are lots of ways to avoid committing plagiarism
Villanueva.Paoline
Villanueva.Paoline

Back to top Go down

Post  aldover.meryl Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:25 am

marquez.litzmichaela wrote: Tenen! A research paper in just a snap of a finger. I forget the fact that copying of the answers of some people is called cheating.

Jrel likes this

correction: Jrel likes Litz

That's right Litz! when you commit plagiarism, you commit not only one sin... bounce
aldover.meryl
aldover.meryl

Back to top Go down

Post  Abrenica.MarkKevin Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:25 am

burog.jomarigabriel wrote:

So, research techincally means "the process of Google-ing a subject, clicking Wikipedia, copying, and pasting it top word. Add your name on top, and voila! Research." That is research. I never knew it was plagiarism.

hahaha! we have the same definition.. now we know that it is a crime, let us do everything to avoid it!

Abrenica.MarkKevin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next